Chapter 27 - Icy barbaric creature

The only free bench, free of course from snow, was now taken up by you and Loki who opted to watch from afar. Silence clouded the air as you both sipped quietly at your drinks, enjoying the company of one another.

"Why do you have an illusion up?" It seems your question caught him by surprise as a bit of his hot chocolate splashed against the pavement.

"Pardon?" His oblivious act was seen right through.

"Your illusion, I can see the shimmer," you point to his hair which showed just that.

"N-no reason, just a bad hair day, my dear," there was something bothering him, and of course you couldn't help but pester him with concern.

"Loki," taking his hand in your, you turn his face to yours. "You can tell me the truth,"

"I don't think you want to know the truth, Y/n," his icy tone sent more of a shiver than the actual snow falling.

"Loki, whatever you're trying to cover... I don't care- I mean I do care but... you get it,"

"Yes, I do, Enchantress," how had it come to this? Him, revealing his Jotun form. He hadn't done it yet but it was anticipating minute. "Please, do not be frightened... That's the last thing I want,"

The shimmer took over, glossing around his form to reveal the most gorgeous blue skin. Your eyes trailed around, meeting to those blood red orbs that seemed to avoid your gaze like the plague. The hand you held seemed to turn dead, cold like the metal railing contouring the bench.

But you knew not to let go. That was the last thing you should do, it would show the disgust he feared which you held none of. "You're Jotun?"

"I'm a monster," he releases a knowing breath when you left his hand, only to tense up when he felt your warm skin against his cheek.

"You are no such thing," a quiet whisper was what that was, comforting and affirming. "You must think me ignorant to see you any different because of this, Loki,"

"But it should... It should very well frighten you, I could hurt you-"

"You won't," You assure before he could say anything more. "Is this what that conversation was about? When those idiots were babies?"

"I was so sure you'd despise the thought of Jotun in your vicinity..."

"Now, why would I do that?"

"Jotun, Y/n, they are monsters, savages, barbaric beast who hurt-"

"Stop," you sigh out. "Stop belittling yourself as something you are far from," facing his palm up you send a flare of smoke to show a scene. "In the 15th century, there were trials for people like me... witches were trialed unfairly, hung at the gallows all in Salem..." The smoke merged to show figures being questioned then hung. "Because of the stereotype that we were evil hags," the smoke turned to a figure of an ugly old woman before dissipating

"But you're not evil..."

"And you're not barbaric," you chuckle softly, falling under a silence. With you tracing along the lines against his frosty skin he seemed to watch your every move, scared to cause you harm. "Relax, Lokes, you won't hurt me,"

"I will,"

"You haven't and you won't," raising his palm to cup your cheek you shiver at the cool sensation. "You see? Just cold,"

"Y/n L/n, you are the oddest creature in all of existence,"

"I'll take that as a compliment," letting a giggle pass, you look to the distance where everyone was too focused on their snowball war. "Want to join the rest?"

"I would rather not," he grimaces, seeing the fight ensuing pure second hand embarrassment. Though it seemed passerby's enjoyed videoing the heroes.

"As you wish, My prince," you do a sit-down bow, and let your cup float into your hand. If his skin hadn't been as blue as a Sapphire surely you would have caught his reaction to your addressal of him. "But just so you know..."

"Hm?" Loki looked back to you.

"In this form you look just as handsome,"

~~~

"Thor," Loki slithered up, with his Asgardian illusion up. "I have an inquiry,"

"Do go on," Thor looked to his brother as the rest walked ahead.

"Do you think of my heritage to be of disgrace?"

"Disgrace? For what reason? Just because you are not of Asgard does not mean you are any less worthy of being a Prince of the golden realm,"

"A boast I'm sure father would be delighted to hear," Loki ran his hand through his hair. "I am not as truthful, and I assume Odin nor mother has done so?"

"They have allowed, under mother's graceful words, that you inform me yourself," (Thor probs found out about Loki's heritage between Thor and The Avengers but let's just pretend he doesn't know he's a Frost Giant and only that Loki is adopted)

"Well, let you be the very few to know..." Loki held his hand out, unveiling the illusion of just that section.

"You are a Frost Giant?" Thor looked surprised but knew not to react so publicly.

"Laufeyson... But I prefer to be Friggason, neither Odinson nor Laufeyson really a fair fit,"

"And I respect that, but this doesn't change the fact you are my brother, Giant or not," this struck a surprise in the trickster.

"You're not ashamed?"

"What would I be ashamed of?"

"Me, you grew up alongside a creature Mothers warn their young of," suddenly the god was tapped over the head with your hand.

"Don't refer to yourself like that, Loki," you scold lightly. "Thor is your brother, whether you're a frost giant or not,"

"Y/n knew before me? I would be more offended if we weren't surrounded by friends," Thor grumbles at his younger brother.

"That's because I'm better than you," sticking out your tongue you slide up next to Peter who was the nearest person.

~~~

Insane Clown Posse hits different at 1AM

- Anna ❤️