[17] Dead Meat

"...Is my daughter here?", a familiar voice of a woman was coming from just outside the door.

Renee recognized who the owner of this voice was and realized...

The family of this body is rich,strong and formidable. Plus, they're basically a the whole group of FBIs!

Ah...how could she not realize that finding her would be faster than she thought.

Renee quickly ran and locked the door just on time.

From the outside, as Yana twisted the door knob open, Renee's heart was about to burst out from her chest.

"Who are those people?", the boy finally asked.

"Scary people.", Renee answered automatically.

The boy pondered for a while." They're looking for you."

Renee bit her lower lip.

What should they do? They're just little kids and soldiers are everywhere.

She is pretty sure to be caught no matter what.

"Affrailliane, you're inside, aren't you? Come on, let your mother in. Don't you know how worried I was?", the woman started banging the door and continuously trying to twist the knob open.

They're dead meat.

"Affrailliane.", Yana's voice became louder.

How about we jump through the window....no. Forget it.

Renee brushed off those thoughts immediately.

They are located at the sixth floor. Plus, there are also soldiers outside. If they do manage to survive, could they even outrun them with their small stamina and little legs?

Nah. If they do fell and survive, they would most-likely gain fractures and broken bones. Can they even be able to stand let alone run after that?

While sounds of pounding rang from the outside, Renee was in deep thought.

Should I go die now?

Not even a minute later, with the help from the staff, it did not take long for them to get the key and open the door.

Yana saw her daughter and a little boy at the corner of the room beside a corpse. Her eyes dimmed.

"Affrailliane, have you really gone insane? What happened to you?", who is that dirty boy? Why are you here? Who is that corpse?

"sister..", the boy grabbed the hem of Renee's dress reflexively.

Yana's eyes widened.

Sister?

She glanced at the corpse covered in white blanket. Yana's heart accelerated. Thoughts started swarming inside her head and she felt like panicking.

Is that corpse Affrailliane's real mother? Why is that boy calling her sister? Don't tell me...

"A-affrailliane, you..I'm your..i'm your mother.", she stuttered uncontrollably. "You're my daughter...come to mommy now, okay?"

Her eyes started tearing up. "You're my daughter. I'm your mother. You are my beloved daughter.", she repeated those sentences most probably inorder to reassure herself.

...while Renee stared at her, dumbfounded.

The scary lady is acting scary again.

Crazy lady.."Who's your daughter? You need help..", Renee unconsciouly blurted out her thoughts.

Yana obviously heard this as she hastily stepped forward infront of Renee and held her shoulders with both of her hands. Her look was..

Bloodshot.

"What did you say..",

It was really chilling. Contrary to her frightening expression, her voice was soft and gentle. Even Renee couldn't help but feel goosebumps.

Yana turned her head towards Hope's corpse.

Renee had a very bad feeling. While her shoulders are at Yana's hands, she reached out for the boy's wrist slowly.

Unspeakable feelings of rage and fear sprouted from within Yana and...

She let go of Renee's shoulders before standing up to consecutively hit the dead body covered in blanket using her really expensive limited edition handbag that she just got recently. She seemed to have lost her sanity as she screamed hysterically.

"How"

"Dare"

"You."

"She's"

"My"

"Daughter."

"MINE!!"

Even the staff and the soldiers who accompanied her from behind were startled.

Watching the graceful madam they knew acting like this, they were extremely shocked to the bottom of their core.

On the side, the boy stared wide-eyed at his mother's body being beaten like that.

Not noticing the boy shaking, Renee took advantage of this scene to grab him and ran as fast as they could.

They went through the emergency exit and through the streets. Discarding the fact that both of them are extemely tired and are already panting heavily, they continued to run and run.

The boy wanted to say something as he felt Renee's pace became faster and faster to the point that he felt like he couldn't even keep up anymore. Her grip was also becoming tighter.

I'm hungry...

Police sirens were ringing throughout and several soldiers were after them.

Heck. Even a helicopter was flying high right above!

It was a complete and whole mess that the civilians thought some big and powerful criminal was on the lose.

It was also telling Renee that this world was indeed a world inside a novel. Convince her, would something like this even happen in the real world? Almost an entire army were running after the general's daughter because she was running away from her house!

Would an entire army even do that in real life?

Don't they have shame?

Does that family even feel shame?

Aren't they embarassed?

What would the public say once they know that?

They reached through a forest after going over the fence with a sign saying 'private property'. It wasn't that high and both of them were able to climb over it.

A world inside a novel...

Renee's thoughts were interrupted once again when the person she held with her hand suddenly stopped and collapsed.

Oh no.

The boy couldn't help it anymore and fainted. He was heaving so hard and his face was pale.

They were in the middle of the woods now and the sirens are getting louder and louder.

They are really...

Dead Meat.