[14] A Place to Stay

The people who saw the scene quickly ran towards them.

"Are you okay?"

"Are you hurt anywhere?"

Fortunately, the store behind them was closed. The driver wasn't injured either.

However, Renee's breathing became irregular. She was sweating profusely.

Noticing this, the lady quickly put down the flowers on her head and held Renee by her shoulder.

"Are you aright?"

Renee couldn't even talk. She is starting to lose her balance and held the lady's arm for support.

The lady was momentarily stunned.
Her hands were very cold!

The people who crowded them also voiced out their concerns.

"Quick! Call an ambulance."

"She needs some air!"

As Renee struggled, she could only hear ringing noises and feel as if she's being burnt alive.

But Renee, with extreme force and effort said: "F-food."

Her voice was hoarse, and shaky. The lady, alarmed, quickly got an apple from the cart and gave it to her.

Seeing a piece of fruit in front of her, Renee hastily grabbed and stuff it inside her mouth.

As the fruit ran down her throat, she could feel the pain slowly diminishing.

The people who looked was going to stop her, but seeing Renee gradually getting better, they stopped.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

As Renee ate the last piece of steak, she saw the police cars on the other side of the road.

"Tsk.tsk. As always, police were always late on the scenes."

Definitely, for it was an unspoken rule in novels as well as movies and such.

"Are you feeling better now? Do you need to go to the hospital?"

The lady in front of her asked out of concern.

Ah. Right.

After the people saw how she reacted when she ate that apple, a kind stranger offered to give her a meal.

That person was definitely sent to her from the heavens!

Renee shook her head, "No need. I'm fine now."

The lady gave her a warm smile, but her eyes were teary. "Thankyou so much, little angel. You saved my life."

Renee shook her head once more, "It's nothing, really."

"Don't say that. You almost risked your life!", the lady said in a worried tone.

"Hehehehe",Renee gave an embarrassed look.

"Do you have an illness?", the lady asked her.

Renee took the glass of orange juice and took a sip.

"Where are your parents? Should I help you call them?"

This girl was clearly alone.

When the accident happened, it was clear that there was no parent, guardian, or a friend with her.

"Ah. About that.. "

The lady continued to listen.

"I...don't  have parents."

"Oh. I'm sorry....Then, can you tell me where you live?", she continued to ask.

"I....don't have any either."