[3] 'Sorry, I think I broke her picture!'

In the center of the kitchen was a long, classy table filled with food.

Gulp-

Renee looked at all the dishes they prepared as she walked down the stairs. All of them looks tasty.

Four people were seated there. Two women,one man and a boy. They seemed to be engaged in a conversation.

"Your visit was sudden so we didn't have time to prepare much", a beautiful lady in blue said to another beautiful lady green.

"Oh, there's no need. We're going to be family soon, anyways so don't think much about it. ", the latter smilingly said to the former.

Taptaptap-

The people on the dining room all turned to the direction of the sound.

The moment she reached her eyes on Renee, the smile on woman in blue, froze.

"Affrailliane. Why are you dressed like that? ", the man beside the lady in blue asked. His tone was cold and displeasure was evident in eyes.

The man was wearing a military uniform, and you can tell from all that stars on his chest that he was on a high ranking.

If Renee's heart was any weaker, she would've been scared witless by that piercing brown eyes directed at her.

The boy beside the lady in green widened his eyes a little, too before his expression turned into disappointment then, he turned to look away.

He looks 14 or 15 and was wearing a black suit. The perfect definition of a 'handsome, young man' that could make all teenage girls swoon over him.

Renee, after hearing what the man said, looked to the clothes that she was wearing.

Ah. She was wearing a nightgown. She hadn't notice it 'till now.

Renee, realizing what he meant, awkwardly raised her hand to cover her mouth then gave a forced laughed.

"Ha. ha. ha. I just woke up so I must've been sleeping. "

Realizing the words she just said, Renee suddenly thought of how stupid it was.

What in the world am I saying?' I just woke up so I must've been sleeping? ' That was the lamest excuse I've ever said my whole life!And what was that kind of laugh?It wasn't as natural as I expected!

While Renee was thinking of 101 ways to kill herself, the man's eyes narrowed slightly and his face started to show a frown.

Sensing immense danger from the man, Renee hastily turned around and went upstairs while all the gazes was still on her.

Just before the four people recover, Renee suddenly spun once again then announced, "I shall go upstairs to change! ", then went running up.

The woman in blue almost fainted from shock.

The young girl in maid uniform was looking pale when Renee saw her right on top of the stairs.

"... Uh... Can I have your name? ", Renee looked at the maid in inquiry.

The maid went back to her senses and answered: "... Claret. "

"Ah, Claret!... Are you okay? ", the girl infront of her was pallid. Maybe I've startled her too much?Ah. I just did the most embarassing thing my whole life. I should be the one with a pale face.

Claret's already pale face went even paler.

Renee: "... ", She looks like she have seen a ghost.

"Ah. Yes, I'm... I'm alright. Young miss should go change. ", Claret suddenly exclaimed.

Renee looked at her weirdly. What happened to her?

Renee shook her head then went inside the room in which she woke up in.

When she close the door, Claret was staring blankly at it.

What happened to her young miss? She seemed to have transformed into a completely different person. Never in her whole life would she thought that her young miss would change this drastically in a span of one night.

What was the aura exuding on her young miss when they first met 'till yesterday?

Ah. Yes.The Ice Queen ambience.

Her young miss used to be the Ice Queen.

Her movements were elegant.She always has this you can look but not get close to atmosphere.

She has this cold look on her beautiful face like that of a queen.

But, the image she had on her broke like a glass when she woke her young miss a while ago.

Crack-

Claret subsconsiously sighed, ".. Did the pigs learn how to fly already? "

•••

Renee, unceremoniously, leaned on the big door on her back.

Phew!

Grumble-

Renee looked at her stomach.

".. I'm hungry~", she said in a 'weak' tone.

Not far on the corner of the room was a mirror.

Upon noticing this, Renee raised to look at her hands.

"Woah. I never noticed that my hands became smaller... And even whiter..? ", Renee put down her hands and slowly went infront of the mirror.

Right before she sees her reflection, Renee stopped and stood for a while. "Is this really the right decision? What if I went to look at myself and realize that this isn't actually my actual body? ", she said and hesitated for a while.

After a period of 10 seconds, she finally convinced herself to go infront of the mirror albeit, while closing her eyes.

When she was sure that she was standing towards the mirror, she thought for a while: I have read books, and they say books are the greatest weapon you can use your whole life. Renee, you are brave. You are someone who's ready to face the vicissitudes of life. You. Can. Do. It.

Renee slowly fluttered her eyes open, and her gaze met the girl's infront of her.

Inside of the mirror, she could see the girl's black, obsidian eyes. Her smooth, white skin-

"Aaah!! ", Renee abruptly exclaimed. She was taken aback and caused her right hand to lean on the nearby study table to regain her balance.

This brought her hand to sweep backwards and cause a picture frame and some other things to drop.

Bam!-

Hearing the noise, Claret, who was waiting outside was startled and quickly went inside the room Renee was in.

"Young Miss, are you alright? "

Upon opening the door, Claret was greeted by the sight of Renee on the corner of the room hurriedly putting back the things that fell to the floor.

Hearing the voice, Renee looked at the direction of the door. "Ah. Claret. Sorry, I seemed to have.. uh.. accidentally dropped somethings. ", Renee forced a smile and gave an apologetic expression.

Claret's eyes widened in surprise and her gaze finally rested on the picture frame Renee was holding.

Noticing Claret's stare on the broken picture frame, she said: "Sorry,...I think I broke her picture."