[24] Psychological Issues of an Assassin

After 3 weeks, both of them could finally test out their plans. The assassin had went to visit them again.

Surprisingly, or not, maybe because he is the villain and that it was already fated for him, he learnt those martial arts from the books quite well.

Renee, however....

Oh well, she could try to display those moves but couldn't apply it during real combat.

How can you even have time to process which moves to use when you're fighting with someone?

Screw that.

Reality hit her that she overestimated her self too much.

She isn't like those female leads from isekai stories, ah?

Why didn't she gain some kind of fast-learning skills by now?

Her instincts would always get the best of her and she would start punching and kicking wherever and whenever.

She would forget those things written on the book.

" Renee, you used the wrong kind of defense. I'm trying to hit your chest, not your head."

...Eventually, she gave up learning them.

Let's leave those books to the villain to learn. They'll be useless to me.

" Little bird, where are we running off to?", Renee asked while he was being dragged off to run by Hawk.

" To hide. You want to fight with an expert assassin?", he answered while they scurried inside a room.

Renee did not answer.

These days, Renee kept urging him to practice more and more, repeating that he would face that scary man.

She watched him train these days thinking that both of them would fight him head on when he comes right back.

How could I be so stupid, ah?

They climb atop a huge cabinet and hid themselves there.

" Ah, but how did you know he was coming? ", she was curious.

Is this one of the godly instinct of a main character?

Hawk didn't answer.

They stayed here for a while before several gunshots rang throughout.

" Yo! I see you want to play hide and seek.", a distant voice sounded. " Nice one! However, you should know that I know this place like on the back of my hand."

Finally, he went inside the room they were in.

His footsteps paused for a while before he continued walking

Renee and Hawk did their best not to be noticed.

The man, then, continued rambling: " Hmm..where do kids ussually hide? Below the bed?"

BANG!--

He fired the gun at the bed.

His footsteps grew nearer and nearer.

Renee didn't dare look at where the assassin is, lest she gets a heart attack.

She is brave at times and scared at some times.

Bravery isn't something she's always equipped with!

Unless she's really hungry, she wouldn't dare act brave.

She had 4 servings of dinner tonight! She even just finished that little snack little bird gave her!

She is very full and satisfied right now.