[20] The kid actually has guts!

They were directed into a conscientious colonial mansion. The building was large but rather run-down.

The place also appears to be empty as not a single person greeted them as they entered. However, there was a quite huge garden beside. Facing it was a small table and a teaset.

It seemed like someone just had tea. There were also some finger sandwiches with fresh bread, light creamy cheese left on the table, though they looked untouched.

"We are not responsible for that girl.", the old man stated suddenly. "We are not some charity."

He was implying that he would be benevolent enough to bring Renee with them but he wouldn't be offering more than that.

Speaking of Renee, she was still unconsious: lying on the sofa.

..or not.

Actually, she already had awoken along the way here. It seemed to be of quite a distance for even when she had woke up, they still had to walk for more than 10 minutes.

Right now, she didn't have much energy hence, she stayed lying down with her eyes closed.

On the way here, the old man and the boy continued their conversation but came to an abrupt end when the boy informed him that his mother...died.

After that, there were only silence that came after.

"Sister..", the boy nudged her gently.

"...", Renee did not answer.

"They're gone.", he continued.

"..."

No sound came from him for a moment before he said his next words.

A familiar scent she liked wafted through her nose.

"...are you hungy?"

Smelling this, Renee immediately opened her eyes.

What he said was really true. Renee could not see the old man and those two guards any longer. They really have disappeared.

In front of her, the boy was holding a tray with those sandwiches from the garden including the teapot and two clean, empty cups of tea.

"Let's eat.", the boy smiled a little.

With much effort, she rose to sit up straight.

Immitating that of what a waiter does in restaurants he sees from the television, the boy put down the food carefully on the table facing the sofa.

Though Renee felt that the food wasn't enough, she just ate a small portion in considerance for the little boy who, also looked really hungry.

The green tea was already cold but it didn't bother her much. The boy, however, has his eyes shining.

These are what rich people eat in their meals...

So fancy.

Though he didn't really like the taste of the tea. It was kind of bitter and also smells kind of fishy.

But then again, feeling like he shouldn't waste food, he still forced himself to finish the drink.

Once they finished, one felt unsatisfied while the other felt awed.

"Where did they go?", Renee finally asked the question.

"I don't know but I think we'll be staying here."

"Here?", Renee's brows rose subtly.

"Yes.I also think we'll have to help ourselves. He mentioned it while we were walking. They will let us stay here but that's it.", he pursed his lips for a bit before he suddenly showed a face full of determination.