Secret Base

~Alan's POV~

As we searched the lab, Chosen would not stop glaring at me. The stack of papers I was searching seemed to make zero sense. Each page was full of code.

"Hey, I think I found something!" Yellow yelled. We all crowded around him as he held a paper out. "This is a blueprint for a base in some game called Fallout."

"Oh, I remember that game. Dark really wanted our base to be there, but I told him no. Maybe he decided to build it anyway." Chosen told us.

"Let's check it out," Second concluded. We all nodded before looking at Chosen.

"I'll lead the way," Chosen sighed as he began to lead us out of the building to a tree. Looking closely, I could make out a doorknob in the wood. Chosen grabbed the doorknob and pulled, revealing a door in the wood.

"Wow!" I exclaimed as we went through the door. On the other side was a maze of white walls with hundreds of doors. Each door was different, representing a game or site. Before I could get a good look, Chosen started leading us down a series of passages.

"Here it is," Chosen concludes as he shows us a metal door with a radiation symbol on it. As we enter, all around us was a wasteland "Unfortunately, I have no idea where he would build it, so we should spread out in pairs. Yellow go with Blue. Red and Green go with Second. I'll be with Alan." Chosen ordered, saying my name with distaste. Before any of us could argue, Chosen grabbed my arm and practically dragged me away.

After a few minutes of walking, with Chosen gripping my arm in a death grip, Chosen suddenly slammed me into a building. Groaning in pain, I look up to see his eyes flash red.

"Look, I'm only having you around because I have zero trust in you. Otherwise, you would be with the others. I lied, I know exactly where he would build his base. He also is good at making traps. So lucky for you, you get to be my test if anything is safe. Got it?" Chosen demanded. I simply nod.

As he pulled me along by my arm around the corner, I noticed a building out of place. It looked way too high tech and not damaged enough. Perhaps that is Dark's base?

"So you noticed it?" Chosen asked before continuing, "Dark always loved the high tech look." Chosen noted as he dragged me to the front entrance and shoved me in front of him. Taking a deep breath, I open the door. As soon as I opened it, Chosen pulled me back just as lasers covered the entrance.

"Just because I saved you doesn't mean I care. Your death would be a minor inconvenience. That's all." Chosen grumbled as he pulled me up. Chosen used his laser eyes to blast away the entrance, shutting down the lasers. Surprisingly, that was the only trap. Chosen still made me try everything first.

After a full search on the base, we found a journal. In the last entry, Dark stated his plans to destroy Google. It didn't take a genius to realize that he hasn't done that yet. So that was where we needed to go next. As we left, I stepped on a piece of stone that sunk a few inches under my feet.

I looked over to Chosen as he ran at me. I quickly saw why, as my body was covered in a glitchy red. My body felt tingling, yet it was painful to move at all.

"No!" Chosen shouted. I flinch at the tone. Chosen suddenly wrapped his arms around me and I felt a warm pulse from him. Somehow, he was trying to use his powers to save me from whatever is happening. Slowly my body started to pixelate away. I quickly wrap my arms around Chosen.

"Please don't go," Chosen pleaded as he gripped onto me. I didn't question his change in attitude towards; just kept hugging him as I felt myself disappear.

"Sorry," I whisper as the rest of me disappeared. My world turned to black as I felt myself falling through some sort of void. Tears sprang from my eyes as I fell towards oblivion.