Chosen vs School

~Chosen's POV~

I groaned as Alan dragged me out of bed and downstairs for breakfast. After a small explanation that I was going to school, I looked at him like he grew another head.

"No!" I yell at him as I cross my arms.

"No can do, I could get arrested if you don't go to school," Alan explained as he got on one knee. Frustrated, I angrily ate my bacon. With a sigh, I let Alan put a bag on my back and led me to the car.

"That looks like a prison," I stated as we arrived at a brick building with a chain fence. Plenty of children were forming lines in the back. Alan led me to the back of one of the lines.

"This is your class. Your teacher's name is Miss Griffin." Alan kneeled on one knee to tell me. I looked up to him, feeling tears forming.

"Are you leaving?" I ask, voice cracking. Alan nodded. "No!" I cry out as grab onto him fiercely with tears streaming. I ignored the looks from everyone and focused on holding onto Alan.

"Alex, you need to calm down-"

"Hey, is everything okay?" a kind voice asked. Chocking, I look up and see a pretty person. She had a dress with flowers and bright blue eyes and amber hair.

"It's his first day going to school," Alan explained as he rubbed my back.

"Oh my, this must be quite the day for you," the lady said while kneeling. "You must be very brave, school can seem very scary," I nodded along with her and wiped away my tears. "Don't worry, you'll get to see your dad again at the end of the school day at three. In the meantime we have a day full of fun awaiting!"

"I don't want you to go," I mumble as I wipe away my tears. Alan pulls me into a hug and whispers a final good-bye and promises to be back later. I clutch myself as he walks away. I could feel a few stray tears slowly falling down my cheeks.

I ignored everyone and everything as the teacher, Miss Griffin leads us to a classroom. I take a random seat in between two girls. One had long yellowish hair and the other had bright pink hair. I opened my backpack and took out a notebook, and started doodling. I might not be as good as Second, but I still like drawing.

"Hey, my name is Cassie! What's your name?" I look up in surprise to see the girl with pink hair talking to me.

"Alex," I mumbled and turned back to my notebook.

"You must really like drawing. I like to make cookies and cakes-"

"Ugh, can you please stop talking for once in your life," a girl with brown hair groaned.

"Hi Selena, I love your haircut!" Cassie yelled out. I roll my eyes at her antics.

"Ugh, why don't you do us all a favor and walk off a cliff," the girl moaned at her. I felt myself get angry at her words. So what if she's a little annoying; she's allowed to be annoying.

"At least she's trying to be nice to a jerk unlike you, who doesn't even deserve the air they're breathing." I gasp as I yell at the brown hair girl. Sitting back down, I realize that I stood up to yell at her.

"Wow, you just stood up to Selena," the yellowish hair girl whispered.

"Who?" I asked her.

"The girl with the leather jacket that you just yelled at. She's been the class president for years. No one has ever dared to speak against her." Cassie explained. "By the way, the super-shy one is Lily."

"What is class president?"

"You really haven't been to school before." a boy with bright blue hair from behind me spoke with awe.