Child Chosen

~Chosen's POV~

I've been laying in the bed staring at the white ceiling for a good few hours. I wanted to believe that me being a human was just a nightmare. Only I woke up as a human. I heard a knock on the door, but I didn't feel like talking. A few seconds later, I could hear the door creak open.

"Hey Chosen," I hear Alan whisper beside me. A warm hand covered my hand above the blankets. "I was thinking maybe we could go to the store and get you some stuff," Alan told me softly. Turning my head, I look into his warm brown eyes.

"How much longer?" I ask, feeling my voice break. Alan looked confused, so I clarified. "How long will you keep me as your human pet?" I spat out at him. Okay, maybe he didn't derve this, but I really didn't like being a human.

"You are not a pet!" Alan sternly told me. Rolling my eyes, I could see him avoiding the question.

"Answer the question!" I demanded as I sat up, pulling my hand away.

"I don't know, Dark is being much more careful this time around, and it will probably take a while." Alan stuttered through. All my strength left me with his words. Collapsing on the bed, Alan started to call my name and pull me into his arms. I fell asleep in his arms.

-later-

I woke up against a warm chest. Warm arms held me in place. A hand was rubbing against my hair. Looking up, I could see Alan crying silently as he held me.

"Why are you crying?" I ask gently. Alan looks down at me with tears streaking his face. He looked heart-broken.

"You mean so much to me, and I hurt you so much. I thought if I gave you distance then you would come to me when you were ready. I was wrong. I was so wrong, and I want to make it up to you but I have no idea how." Alan began rambling with tears streaking down his face. Reaching up, I wipe away some of the tears, causing him to stop talking.

"Let's go to the store. Okay?" I tell him before hugging him, wrapping my little arms around him. I squeaked as he picked me up and carried me out of the room. As we leave the house, I try to look at everything.

"Thankfully, I got this car seat for you," Alan muttered as he sat me down in a weird chair thing on top of the seat and buckled me in.

"Why did you have this?" I ask.

"I had this for when my daughter, Lizzie got old enough," Alan answered as he got into the front seat. "Lizzie is my daughter, in case you were wondering."

Throughout the drive, I could feel myself smiling at everything. There was so much to see and so many things I didn't understand. Alan pulled into a store with the word "WALMART" on it in bright blue. Alan walked around and opened the door. I tried to pull the buckle apart before Alan came around, but Alan beat me to it and picked me up out of the seat.

"Why do you have to carry me around everywhere?" I ask, annoyed as he grabs a cart and sets me down. Before I could run away, Alan grabbed my hand and started walking while pushing the cart with one hand and pulling me along with the other.

"Because I'm a parent and you are a child. Guess it's just instincts?" Alan offers a pathetic answer. Grumbling, I let him pull me along. As we entered the store, Alan started to get different items. A black blanket I liked with orange pillowcases. He got me a desk, chair, and a red lamp. He also got a colorful dresser. As we went down the toy aisles, he grabbed the toys I would linger at. By the time we got back to the car, Alan got me plenty of stuff for my room.

It took a few hours for us to get my room set up, but I felt a little happy at how it turned out. Alan picked me up again and brought me downstairs to a table.

"It's time for dinner. Afterward, we can watch a movie with the others." Alan told me as he set me down on a chair. Throughout the dinner, I tried to be courteous, but I was also impatient to see the others. By the time dinner finished, I got up out of my chair and ran past Alan down a random hallway. Alan caught me quickly and carried me down to the basement and held me as the movie played on the computer.