Kittens and Humans

~Alan's POV~

I woke up in Dark's arms as he held me while walking through the nether. Looking up, I felt his grip tighten. I meow loudly to convey my discomfort. It only made him hold me even tighter. Seriously, I felt like I was getting squashed. CUrled up, I waited for the ride to be over with. As we got to the desktop, I saw CHosen run up to us.

"Why were you out? And you took Alan! I told you to work on getting Alan back home! How could you be this irresponsible! Lab, now!" Chosen yelled as he snatched me from Dark. I meow softly as the pain from getting ripped from Dark so roughly.

"Yellow was working on the results, I was trying to connect with Alan. I thought it would be a good thing. I'm trying to be better here, but fine. I'll go to my lab." Dark protested loudly as he marched to the Photo viewer.

As CHosen adjusted his hold on me to be more comfortable, he walked over to the side of the desktop. I rub my head against him, remembering that as something cats do to comfort, to try and help Chosen feel better. As he sat down, I felt him rub a hand against my head behind the ears.

"You have no right to be this cute," I heard Chosen mutter. Realizing I was hungry, I meowed at him softly. "What?" CHosen asks me as he gets up. "Do you want Second?" I shake my head at that. "One of the other sticks?" I shake my head again. "Oh, are you hungry? Do you eat food?" At that, I nod best I can. "Let's find Blue so he can tell me what food to give you."

As we got to Blue's room, I was sitting contently in Chosen's arms. I could see Blue lead CHosen to the kitchen and start to prepare some food. I waited patiently as Chosen continued to hold me. At this point, I was pretty much used to being held.

"Here is some cooked beef. He should like it. It's a bit bland, but spices wouldn't be too good for his kitten body." Blue explained as he set down a small bowl of cooked beef and left. Chosen set me down on the table and sat down. Moving over to the bowl, I found myself stumbling a bit. Before I got to the bowl, I saw CHosen move the bowl over to me.

After finishing the food, I saw that CHosen brought over a small bowl of water. I drank some of that too. Drinking as a kitten is hard. Once I finished, I watched Chosen take the bowls to the sink and wash them. As he returned, he picked me up and walked to the couch. Laying down, he sat me on top of him with one arm on me to keep me steady.

After a while, Second joined us. I tried to hop over to him, but Chosen held me still. After a few minutes, Second left. Bored, I manage to roll over and start batting at Chosen's arm. Hey, I'm a kitten now, no judging.

"Alan, I'm sorry for causing you to be deleted. You didn't deserve that. If you could speak, you would probably take all the blame, but it was my fault. I let my anger at the past hurt you. I know now that you're sorry, and well I'm sorry too." Chosen explained as he pulled me into his arms. Nudging my head into his chest, I try to let him know that I do care.

"Hey, I got the new gun made. Not only will it make Alan human, but get him back home." Dark declared as he came into the room. I could see the other sticks come in. Victim and Second come up to us.

"I'm gonna miss the hugs," Second says as he pulls me out of Chosen's arms and into a hug. I could feel him sobbing as he clung to me.

"We all will miss having you here in person," Victim said as he rubbed a hand against me. I felt Second cry harder as Chosen takes me back.

"Chosen, hold him still. It shouldn't affect you." I heard Dark explain before I felt a burst of light and pain. Waking up, I noticed I was human and outside the computer. I also noticed a small child next to me, asleep. Hoping over to the computer, Dark explained how he messed up again.

~Chosen's POV~

As Dark pointed the gun at Alan, I felt a burst of light and pain take over. Flinching, I felt my body practically tear itself apart. Heaving, I felt warm sot flesh hold me still. As I open my eyes, I find myself staring into a pair of brown eyes.

"Hey, you're okay. I got you. No one is going to hurt you." Alan reassured me as held me. Looking down, I see a small human instead of the familiar black stick figure.

"What happened?" I asked, feeling unable to breathe correctly.

"Dark's weapon worked, except apparently you were too close and it accidentally worked on you," Alan explained gently as he pulled me into his chest. I could feel him rub small circles against my back.

"Want to say hi to the other?" Alan asks me softly. Nodding, I watch Alan smile as he pulls me into his arms. I didn't realize how small I was compared to him until he easily held me in the air. With a shriek, I wrap my arms around him. As we got there and Alan sat down, I changed my mind. I bury my head into his warm chest. I didn't realize humans could be this warm. Sighing, I hear Alan type to the others and answering their questions.

"Want to explain?" I hear a voice come from the doorway. As Alan turned around, I let go of Alan to see who was speaking. I barely recognized the woman as Alan's wife.

"So, this is The Chosen One. When Dark turned me back human, he was too close and got turned human as well," Alan hastily explained while tightening his grip on me. As they talked, I took in my appearance fully without freaking out.

I could tell I had long black hair with skin slightly darker than Alan's I had ripped jeans and a black long sleeve shirt with orange shoulder pads and an orange '1' on the front. I also had black and white shoes. Looking at Alan, he reached into a drawer and handed me a small mirror. Nodding, I looked in the mirror and saw the same brown eyes Alan had and a small scar across my right eye.

"I have a friend that can help out. He can give Chosen a fake birth certificate." I hear Alan finish. Alan's wife sighed and left the area.

"You okay?" Alan asks me. Nodding, I start twiddling my fingers. Without warning, Alan pulled me up and carried me over to a room with a black-clad bed with colorful pillows.

"What's going to happen to me now?" I ask nervously as Alan set me down on the black sheets.

"Get you a birth certificate. You look about eight years old. Probably will have me as your father and the mother as unknown." Alan explains to me as he kneels next to me. I cross my arms as I frown at his explanation.

"You are not my dad," I tell him. How dare he think I would ever want to be his to control. I may have forgiven him, but this is going too far.

"It would just be for legal purposes. Plus, you need a new name for when you go to school." Alan tells me with a small frown.

"School?" I exclaim. "I don't want a new name!" I cry out while pushing him away. Sliding across the bed, I bring my knees up to my chest. I could feel the bed shift as Alan slid next to me.

"School would be if it takes Dark long enough to build a new gun to not only take you into the computer but make you a stick figure again. The name is for what to call you outside the house cause The Chosen One is not a human name. Sorry. " Alan tells me in a soft voice.

"I'm nothing more than the monster you created. Why are you helping me? You should kick me to the curb after everything I've done." I choke out as tears stream down my face.

"You are not a monster," Alan told me softly as he wiped the tears away and pulled me into his chest again. "Now, want to help me come up with some names or should I choose?"

"Fine," I grumble as I cross my arms in his hold. "I don't know any names," I mumble. Alan squeezes me tighter in response.

"How about Alex? Alex Becker?" Alan asks while holding my chin and wiping my tears away.

"Sure," I mumble.

"Now, you are going to need your own room. This is the spare room, and we can make yours for the time being. We can add some decorations and get some new bedsheets. Make it yours." Looking around the room Alan brought me to, I shrug. Alan brings the covers around me. I slowly fall asleep as I feel a small peck on my forehead.