Special Moments

~Chosen's POV~

Yawning, I get up and start the journey to the kitchen to get a simple drink of water. As I pass the door to the basement, I frown. I check my phone to see it's three in the morning. As I walked down the stairs, I mentally prepare myself for dealing with an overgrown toddler.

As I predicted, Alan and Second were still working on their animation of a dragon flying. Shaking my head, I hop over to Alan and pull on his arm. Alan pauses to look at me before pulling me into his lap and resumes animating. With a roll of the eyes, I push Alan's hands off the keyboard.

[Second, go to bed] I type, looking at him with a disappointed look. With a guilty face, Second shuffles off to his house to bed with me glaring at him. Turning around, I see Alan start to sway. Getting off him, I grab his hand.

"Time for bed," I yawn. Thankfully, he let me pull him to his bed.

Unfortunately, as I got him in bed he pulled me into a hug. I curse at my small body as I couldn't get out of his hold. Defeated, I let myself drift to sleep in his hold.

Other moments:

Chosen: *struggling to retrieve an item from a high shelf*

Alan: Do you need me to get it from you?

Chosen: *gasps* How dare you challenge the vertically challenged!

Alan: ...

Chosen (moments later) *defeated sigh* help me

Chosen trying to leave the table during dinner without eating his vegetables, but Alan is "not so fast, you still have some vegetables. Chosen ends up eating them while grumbling about vegetables and how they taste like poison.

Alan making sure to hug Chosen every day, even though Chosen tries to squirm his way out of every one

Chosen: Hello Life Ruiner

Alan: Oh calm down, that was years ago. Your life doesn't look to ruined to me.

-or-

Alan: I'm hugging you, it's not the end of the world.

Now: Sad Moment

~Chosen's POV~

"Chosen, you need to get up," Alan tells me for the fiftieth time this morning. I had the covers over my head to keep the light out. I flinch as I feel his hand on the covers, rubbing my back through them. Reaching up, I wipe a few tears away.

"Okay, you give me no choice," Alan warns me before he pulls the covers away from me. He looks at me with a sad look before bringing me into his arms.

"You okay?" he asks me as he brings me to the living room. I simply whimper as I curl into him further. I expected him to set me down at some point, but he walked up the front door and opened it. I look up in surprise.

"You have been acting very off for the last few weeks and I'm worried about you. We are just going to the ER to get your help." Alan explains as he opens the car door and puts me into the car seat. I whine when he pulls away, not wanting him to go away.

As we arrive at the ER, I refuse to walk on my own. Alan gives in very easily and picks me up. I ignore everything as I focus on his heartbeat to keep me calm. I don't how much time passes, but soon a doctor is pocking at me and asking me questions. I ignore them and turn further into Alan.

Eventually, we leave. I finally sigh in relief. As we get home, Alan carries me to my room and sets me on the bed and hold me up. I look up and see his worried look.

"So, the doctor says you have depression." I frown at his words.

"Depression is when someone feels very sad a lot of the time," Alan explains. "You're going to have to take some medication to help you. What you are feeling is not normal. You are also going to see a counselor to help you talk through what you are feeling." Alan gently lets me lay down after I nod. He stays next to me while I fall back to sleep.