17

Mason
I was driving to Emily's house, she calls my phone earlier crying, apologizing, and claiming she needs someone to talk to.

When I got there she was balled up on her couch with a blanket and a tissue in her hand sniffling every now and then.

"Hey," I said sitting on the other couch across from her.

She glances up at me with a slight smile on her face."Thank you for coming." She wipes away her nonexistent tears with a tissue.

"What happened?" I ask trying to act as I care. I mean I had to, I was already here. I only said I'd come over, to make myself feel a little bit better about Amina going on that date.

"Well, my dad pass away last night." I look at her confused as fuck. Emily hated her dad, according to her he was, a manipulator, a rapist, a compulsive liar and he left her mom when she was only eight.

"The whole situation just made me think of you." She added.

"Your dead, rapist, deadbeat dad made you think of me?" I ask with an amusing laugh.

"No not like that, it's just you were always there when I needed to talk about him, Mase." She said in defense.

"Don't call me that." Only Amina calls me that, even though I hated the nickname but I decided it was better than her calling me Masey.

"I'm sorry." She murmurs.

Emily and I have only talked about her dad once or twice and all I did was listen to her vent. All she ever told me was how she wishes he would drop dead already, and that he wasn't even sorry for what he did to that fourteen-year-old girl, he claims she wanted it. So I know that's not why she called me over it was just a poor, fuck up excuse.

"So why exactly did you call me over here?"  She looks over at me and takes a deep breath.

" I miss you, I miss us. I know I overreacted that night when you called me."

"You're such a good friend for letting her stay with you, and I trust you. What is a relationship without trust? It just happened all of the sudden, and I was already upset that night." She rambles on when I didn't say anything. I was just studying her.

She was absolutely nothing like Amina. Emily's long silk blonde hair glimmer under the living room light, her somewhat thin pink lips, were curved up into a shy smile, her thin pointy nose, was centered perfectly in the middle of her face, her light captivating blue eyes, her porcelain-like complexion, had not one single imperfection on it.

She was beautiful, she would even be considered perfect to some, but she wasn't my type of perfect.

"Please Mason let's just give us a shot again." She pleads.

"I can't give you what you want Emily." I scoff scratching my head.

"What do you mean?" She sounds hurt.

"I'm not mentally stable for a relationship."  Which wasn't I complete lie. My mind was clouded with Amina, my body, my heart, even my soul belong to her at this point.

I have nothing left to give to Emily.

Before only my heart craved for Amina, and it was easy to give my body away to Emily without a second thought, but now Amina's greedy ass owns every part of me.

"We could take things slow." She tries to reassure me.

"It's late and I should head back." I was on my feet, ready to leave when Emily got up too, and took a hold of my hand.