CHAPTER 38

AMINA

"Zyair, you better sit your little butt down somewhere right now." I said to the little three-year-old running around the house making a mess.

"Zyair!" I yelled again, I was trying to get dinner ready before Mase walks through the door.

"Don't make me repeat myself." I said through clenched teeth.

It's been three years since I left the hospital, and it's been a long journey, I decided it would be best if we move in with Mase and we've been living like a happy little family since.

So much happened to my body internally that day that I was told by seven doctors I wouldn't be able to get pregnant again, but here I was eighteen weeks pregnant ready to surprise Mase with the news.

It's not like we were trying to have another baby, Zyair was only three, plus after being a stay at home for this long I was planning on going back to work, but I was happy with the bundle of joy growing inside of me and I know Mase in going to be over the moon.

I smiled as I place the taco lasagna underneath the stove, just thinking how far we've come these past few years.

"Daddy!" Zyair shouted running towards to door. I quickly turn around smoothing out my dress, Mase bends down opening his arms wide so Zyair could run into them.

Mase was an amazing father, he was so patient with everything, and I've never seen him so happy.

He swoops Zyair in his arms, and toss him in the air, and caught him made air, Zyair was giggling none stop.

I stood in the kitchen watching them with a big smile on my face, they do this every time Mase comes home from anywhere it started when Zyair turned one and started wobbling around the house, at first Mason would toss him up in the air at least five times.

"Daddy's getting old and you're getting heavy." Mase state putting him down after catching.

His stood up straight and his eyes landed on me, standing there in a simple nude tube dress, he loved that dress on me.

"Look at you." His blue eyes were beaming as he walked toward me pulling me into his hard chest.

"Look at you." He whispered in my ear, kissing me all over my face, I couldn't contain my laughter.

"The things I'm going to do you tonight." He whispered lower so only I could here him.

"Eeewww." Zyair exclaimed when Mason took my lips into his.

We both laugh, looking down at him.

"Taco lasagna?" Mase question sniffing the air.

"Yeah." I suddenly got nervous.

"I just place it in the oven." I lightly stroke his beard with my finger.

"I'll have to shower then." He let go of my waist.

I quickly shook my head, I was trying to calm my nerves and excitement, I left the announcement in the bedroom for him, because I know he was going to try to shower before we have dinner.

I watch as he went up the stairs to the bedroom I quickly went to check on the food and set the table.

Any minute now.

"Amina!" Mason yelled from upstairs.

I turn around to see him running towards me with the pregnancy test in his hand.

He took me into his arms and spinning us around the kitchen.

"Please tell me this is not a joke." He manages to say still spinning us around.

"It's not a joke Mason, we're pregnant."

"How?" He finally sets me down and looks down at my stomach.

"God." I shrugged touching my belly.

I look up and the smile that was once on Mason's face was completely gone and was replaced with concern and anger.

I quickly grabbed his hand. "Don't worry," I whispered.

"We can't put your health a risk again Amina."

"It's going to be fine, we'll be fine." I place his hand on my stomach and he gave me a small smile.

"Be happy please." I can feel my eyes starting to tear up.

"I am happy, but baby I can't help but think of what happened last time, I don't want you going through that again."

"Don't think about that now, we're going to have another part of us." He wiped my tear away with his thumb.

"I love you, and I can't lose you Amina."

"You won't, I promise." I quickly kiss his lips.

"Mama." Zyair had his little arm wrapped around my leg.

I pick him up, and kiss his little chubby cheeks.

"You're going have more of me to love no matter what happens, she's going to be the light of your life." He was just looking at me, I know the risk of going through with this pregnancy, I might not make it through delivery.

The chances of me getting pregnant again were slim to none, but here I am, that has to mean something.

"Let's eat!"