Chapter Two: A new home

I was visiting the girl again today. I never got her name and I never told her mine. That's something I will do today. I went to where I sat yesterday waiting for her when I heard grunting. I walked around for a while when I heard;

"Hi, there!"

I looked to where her voice came from to see her stuck in a hole under a tree. She seems to have been crawling out.

"Can I have some assistance?" She asked.

"Why are you in there?" I asked.

"This is my den. Foxes live underground usually under a dead tree. I was ready to see you again when I got caught on something."

I looked to see her dress was caught on a root. I unhooked her dress and helped her out. Now that we're closer than yesterday, I could see how pretty is. I never thought I would say this but she is very pretty. The prettiest human I have ever seen. We then walked and talk and I asked about her name. She doesn't have one. Everyone calls her Vixen but she hates the name because it's what a female fox is called.

I offered to give her a name and she said yes as long as it's not a cliche name for a fox. Well, I do not know any fox names but there is one I particularly liked in an Earth story I read. (Y/N). I suggested it to her and she liked it too. (Y/N) it is. I told her mine and she liked how unusual it was. I ended my visit early to ask Agent Fowler if she could be moved to the base. I still want to be close to my team and alert should the Decepticons have a plan to destroy us or our human friends.

Now that (Y/N) will be joining the team, she is at risk of getting taken by the Decepticons. Especially when she is half fox. They might see her as an asset to their cause. I returned to (Y/N)'s confinement room to see her hunting. I stood by and watched. She was hunting a rabbit. At a guess, because she doesn't come out when anyone comes in, they have to feed her like this. Once she had the rabbit, I approached.

"(Y/N)."

"Oh! Optimus! I thought you left," (Y/N) said letting the rabbit go.

"I did but I also have some good news for you. I have asked Agent Fowler if you can move into our base away from here."

"You mean, no more hunting for food? Steal walls? Fans for fresh air? Fake birds?"

"All except the fans you will get away from. But you are free to go outside should you feel you are still in captivity."

"Oh, Optimus. You have no idea what this means to me."

We went out of her home and I showed her what I really am. She was sceptical at first but after speaking, she trusted me. We went to the base via groundbridge and I introduced everyone even telling her who we are and why we're here. Much like Rafael, she could understand Bumblebee perfectly. (Y/N) asked if she could go outside so I opened a groundbridge to a forest. I followed her to make sure she's safe.

"Can you smell that?" (Y/N) asked.

"No," I said, "what is it?"

"Fresh air!" (Y/N) said smiling.

I smiled. (Y/N) just walked around while I followed. After a while, we discovered a cave. I wonder if it's an Energon mine. We have had a short supply lately so we should take this opportunity to have a look.

"(Y/N)? I'm sorry to ruin your time outside but I need to call the other Autobots here," I told her.

"Why?" She asked.

"Remember I told you about Energon?"

"Your blood and fuel."

"Well, Energon was ship off to different planets during the war. Earth in particular. I think this is an Energon mine but we need to make sure and have back up should the Decepticons be here already."

"From here I can't hear anything. But maybe if I got closer."

"(Y/N), no. I do not want you taken or hurt."

"Optimus, foxes can hear a watch ticking from 40 yards away. I won't go far in. If I don't hear anything, I'll tell you. You want to be safe, right?"

I looked at her before looking back at the mine. Maybe that would help but I don't want anything to happen to her. But, we are better safe than sorry. I let her go in while I called for backup. Arcee, Bulkhead and Bumblebee arrived and we waited. (Y/N) came running out and told us she couldn't hear anything so we went in but stayed cautious. Travelling further in, we did find Energon and no Decepticons.

We started collecting the Energon and we were safe for the moment. We had collected the last of it as there wasn't much there when (Y/N) shushed us. We stopped. We couldn't hear anything. That's when we could. Pedsteps. I told the Autobots to take (Y/N) and the Energon back to base. We're not alone in this mine. The last bit of Energon was transported back to base just as Starscream, Soundwave and a few Decepticon drones came into view. But no battle was fought because we all retreated to base. Everyone and (Y/N) were safe.

"So those are Decepticons?" (Y/N) asked.

I nodded.

"Wait, so (Y/N) gets to have an up-close look of a Decepticons while we're not allowed to?" Miko asked.

"Without (Y/N), we wouldn't have some of this Energon," Arcee said, "we couldn't hear the Decepticons but she did."

"Although (Y/N) was a great help to us today, we cannot take her on our missions," I said.

'Why not?' Bumblebee asked.

"Because, Bumblebee, she is too valuable. And if the Decepticons learn that she is different from our human friends, or any human, they will take her and use her to their own accord. Hear if we're coming, sniff out Energon or experiment on her to see if they can do what happened to her."

"I've already been experimented on once, that's why I'm like this, and I don't want to again," (Y/N) said, "but the experiment is the first thing I remember. I don't know who I was before. Now, I'm a fox."

"Optimus, who will be her guardian?" Ratchet asked me, "everyone has their human partner."

I looked down at (Y/N), "as the one who tamed her and the only one she trusts, I will be her guardian."

(A/N: see you next chapter)