Chapter Eleven: One shall rise. Part Two

We later heard from Optimus but another voice came from him. It was Unicron. Ratchet was ready to groundbridge the others to him but he told him not to. This was something Optimus needed to do alone. And silence. Ratchet soon just Groundbridged everyone to Optimus and even more silence. At a guess, a battle has started. We later heard Arcee say Ratchet's name over the comlink.

"What is it? What happened?" Ratchet asked.

"I happened," a familiar voice said in the distance.

"Megatron?!" Bulk asked.

"King 'Con's there too?" Miko asked.

"He has aligned himself with Unicron," Ratchet said.

"Don't be so sure," Arcee said, "Megatron just saved Optimus' tailpipe."

Hold on, what? Megatron, leader of the Decepticons, saved Optimus? Why? We heard nothing from them until Megatron spoke.

"It is rather ironic, considering our last encounter. If memory serves, you were desperately attempting to extinguish my spark," Megatron said.

"That option remains very much in play," Optimus said.

"I would expect nothing less. However, I have a proposal. Join me in defeating our shared enemy- Unicron, the chaos-bringer."

"Ha! Absurd!" Ratchet said, "Unicron is evil incarnate! If Megatron was to take any side, why would it be ours?"

"Because Megatron's pride would never allow anyone other than himself to rule this planet," Optimus explained.

"You know me all too well, Optimus," Megatron said.

"You lead an army of 'Cons. Why come to us?" Bulk asked.

"Because this particular endeavour requires something beyond the realm of my command- the Power of a Prime," Megatron explained.

Bulk scoffed, "then I guess we don't need you."

"On the contrary, Optimus may be the only one who can defeat Unicron, but I remain the only one who can guide you to him. Unicron's lifeblood runs through me. Only I can hear his thoughts, anticipate his movements. Optimus, our past alliances - Autobot, Decepticon - no longer matters! Not while Unicron lives," Megatron said.

Ratchet banged his fist on the console, "the past always matters!"

"A truce between Autobot and Decepticon. How long do you expect us to believe that will last?" Optimus asked.

"Only as long as it's mutually beneficial," Megatron said.

"And... when our proposed shared mission is complete?"

"I will conquer this Earth... my way."

"Brutal honesty from a Decepticon?" Arcee asked.

"Aligning with the lesser of two evils is still siding with evil," Ratchet said.

"Do you think you've witnessed the full power of Unicron?" Megatron asked, "those foot soldiers were nothing more than a taste. Unicron has yet to fully awaken. With each passing moment, the bringer of chaos evolves, mutating Earth from the inside out. What we have witnessed until now is but a prelude of the utter devastation his rising will wreak upon your world."

"Like your quest for power destroyed Cybertron?" Arcee asked.

"Make no mistake. This time, there will be a planet left for me to rule!" Megatron said.

"Even if we agree, Unicron's all the way down at the centre of the Earth. How are we supposed to get there? Drive?" Bulk asked.

"There is only one way," Optimus said.

"ABSOLUTELY NOT!" Ratchet said, "Groundbridging into space or onto a moving train is difficult enough! But plotting a blind jump inside of a sentient being?! Besides, direct exposure to that much Dark Energon will debilitate you! You haven't built up an immunity like Megatron has!"

"Yet another strong argument for soliciting my guidance," Megatron said.

"You can provide Unicron's exact coordinates?" Optimus asked.

"If you transport us to this planet's core, I can lead you directly into Unicron's spark... the very heart of his darkness," Megatron said.

"Optimus, even if you survive the journey, how are you supposed to defeat Unicron?" I asked.

There was silence.

"With the Matrix of Leadership," Optimus answered.

"What is that?" Fowler asked.

"A vessel of pure energy, the collective wisdom of the Primes," Ratchet explained.

"Do we have time for a scavenger hunt?" Jack asked, "I mean, where is Optimus supposed to find this Matrix?"

"Optimus does not need to find it. He carries it within him," Ratchet said.

"It was the combined power of the Primes that defeated Unicron so long ago, the very reason he now seeks to destroy you," Megatron said to Optimus.

"And it would follow that unleashing the power of the Matrix directly into Unicron's spark would return him back to stasis," Optimus said.

"Hold on. If 'everything goes right', Unicron is gonna stay down there?" Miko asked.

"Yeah. Can't we siphon him out somehow?" Jack asked.

"He's not in the Earth's core, Jack. He is the Earth's core," Raf said.

"Rafael is correct," Ratchet said, "tampering with your core could affect the magnetic poles, trigger the very cataclysmic events we're trying to remedy. Tragically, Unicron is your planet's very seed. Always has been and always must be."

That's when Unicron started rising again. Ratchet opened a groundbridge and we started discussing options. Optimus decided on bringing Megatron here. Everyone was sceptical but Optimus had no choice but to do it if he wanted to save Earth. The others decided they would do the same for their human partners.

Ratchet opened the Groundbridge for Megatron and got us to hide. When Megatron arrived, Raf ran out to him and we followed him to bring him back. Megatron seemed very interested in me because of my new features. We ended up leaving and going back to where Ratchet told us to hide. I heard footsteps behind me.

"(Y/N)..." I heard Optimus say.

I turned to him. He looked back before kneeling down.

"Will you keep something for me?" Optimus asked.

"Of course," I said.

Optimus showed me a silver thing with light blue highlights, made it smaller and gave it to me.

"What is it?" I asked taking it.

"It is... the key to the Groundbridge power supply," Optimus said.

I didn't like that hesitation.

"Okay, but... shouldn't Ratchet have this?"

"Perhaps. But I've been impressed by how much you have grown to be the amazing fox you are since we first met. As such, I feel you have earned the responsibility of safeguarding this important device until I return."

I looked at the key before looking at Optimus, "I won't let you down."

"I love you, (Y/N)."

"I love you too, Optimus."

He got up and walked away to save Earth. Although I am suspicious about this key.