Chapter Three: Scrapheap

(Y/N)'s POV:

It's been a few days since I met the Autobots and it's been... interesting to say the least. Optimus and Bumblebee recently fought with a Decepticon? I've been trying to get along with everyone else but after the bath, I was forced into, I'm not very happy. I don't like water and I don't like baths! Optimus and I are getting along great. He is the one who tamed me after all and I trust him.

Bumblebee and Bulkhead just came back from the Antarctic with a giant thing stuck in ice. The object was taken away and Ratchet started a defrosting Bee and Bulk. After a while, Bulk took the machine off telling Ratchet that he and Bee were fine but Ratchet protested. Optimus asked about the arctic find but it can't be opened while it's still in ice. Ratchet's not wrong. I didn't pay attention because I was bored.

"You're very quiet, (Y/N)," Optimus said.

"I'm just bored," I said.

"I've read more of your kind and I heard foxes like most cat or dog toys."

"No one ever gave me any so I don't know."

Optimus gave a nod and left me. Weird interaction. Agent Fowler soon came in with a bag full of stuff for me. I looked inside to see plushies, squeaky toys, baby rattles and just lots of cat and dog toys. Optimus took a squeaky dog ball and squeaked it making me interested. He threw the ball a little so it didn't go too far and I bolted after it! I guess I like dog toys. And I think Optimus found his new favourite pastime. The next day, Ratchet opened the groundbridge read for Optimus and Arcee to go to the arctic.

"Arcee and I will search for any clue which might explain the origins of our arctic find," Optimus said.

"Only until your sensors sound," Ratchet said pressing a button on a device he was holding, "remember, once your core temperature drops into the blue zone, system failures aren't likely, they're imminent."

I stopped playing with one of my new toys when I heard that. We heard engines revving and Bee and Bulk arrived with Miko, Raf and Jack.

"Miss us, Doc Bot?" Miko asked Ratchet.

Ratchet groaned, "shouldn't they be in school?"

"On Saturday? We have the whole weekend off to spend with you."

I ignored everyone from there and kept playing with my toy. I'm way too easily amused over a dog toy. Jack took it off me and teased me before throwing it and I ran after it. Optimus and Arcee when through the groundbridge when I heard an explosion.

I dropped the toy and went up to Ratchet who was fiddling with the control. I climbed up the ladder to be higher when Ratchet called Bee and Bulk over. Ratchet kept fiddling with the control. The groundbridge wouldn't come back online. Optimus and Arcee went through fine but Ratchet was concerned about bringing them back.

Bee and Bulk helped Ratchet remove some panels on the floor and Ratchet looked through the hardware or whatever they were. I sensed danger. And I'm not talking about the bad power. I keep hearing quick taps that aren't Miko and Jack playing their video game. It's metal tapping. No one else can seem to hear it.

The lights suddenly shut off before turning on again. I went down to Ratchet with Jack and Miko to see what was happening. Ratchet pulled out a circuit board to see three large bite marks out of it.

"We most definitely have a problem. But what could've caused this?" Ratchet asked as the lights flickered again.

"Or that?" Bulk asked.

"Might be the main grid. Hopefully, it isn't a substation malfunction," Ratchet said.

"Hey, guys! Look what I found!" Raf said from behind us.