Chapter Twenty-four: An over-due family reunion

Optimus has been back for a year now and I've been losing a lot of sleep. And if you think it's from all the ghost hunting, you're dead wrong. When we do our ghost hunting, we go straight to bed but every time I do, I have the same dream which is waking me up at night and I can't sleep again or I refuse to.

My dream is just me walking in some sort of city that I can work out where it is and I bump into a couple who look so familiar but I can't put my finger on it. Because of my lack of sleep, I tend to fall asleep during the day. Like now, I'm lying on Optimus' lap having a nap. I can't help it. And I'm having the same dream. It didn't last as long as usual because Optimus woke me.

"How much sleep have you had as of late?" Optimus asked.

"Little to none," I said sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

"Can you tell me why?"

"It's the same dream that just makes me wake up at the same moment. I can't sleep properly."

"Can you tell me what your dream is?"

"I'm in a town, not Crown City, and I'm looking for something, I don't know what, then I bump into this couple. They look so familiar but I can't remember them. Maybe friends or family that I can't remember because of the experiment."

"Want to see if Fixit can get them back?" Knockout asked, "I mean, he has more Cybertronian technology than we do which is none.

"He has a point," Starscream said.

"I want to remember everything again. Ever since I woke up from the experiment and escaped, I felt lost, alone and afraid. And I still wonder today where I came from and who my family is," I said.

"Let's find out who they are," Optimus said smiling.

We went to Danny Clay's Scrapyard and asked Fixit about it. He made a device that he hopes will work. I was attached to it and activated it. I zoned out as I got all my memories back. I saw my parents, my friends, my life before everything and a boyfriend. Not Optimus. I remember his name is William. I lived in England with my parents.

I was an only child. I grew up with good grades, normal life but I was seriously ill. Scientists heard about my illness and claimed they could fix me. That's when the experiment happened now I'm like this. The machine was turned on and I instantly looked at Optimus. Not before running off. I wish I didn't get my memories back now. Yes, now I remember my family but what bothers me was William.

Something tells me he might still want to be with me if I see him again. But I don't love him anymore. I love Optimus. And I will always love Optimus no matter what. I ran to the back of the scrapyard where I just wondered to myself what will happen if William or my parents meet again. Will they expect me to be the girl I was before or accept me as the fox I am today who's been through so much in the span of maybe six or seven years. Optimus found me.

"Is something wrong?" Optimus asked.

"Nothing," I said.

"Your ears are drooping and your tail is down. I know you are lying."

"While my memories all came back to me, I saw I had a boyfriend named William. And before you ask, no, I don't love him anymore. But what if he still loves me? And my parents. What if they expect me to be the girl I was before the experiment? I'm not that girl anymore."

"I know you are not like the girl you were before the experiment and your parents should accept you for who you are. As for William, just talk with him. I will be nearby should you feel uncomfortable or scared."

"I think I should deal with William first. He scares me more than my parents right now."

After a few days, we found William. And I think I was right to be scared. I told him what happened to me, my memory loss and that I was with Optimus but he did not like that. He started treating me like I was his property saying I was only his and that I needed to end things with Optimus. That's when Optimus came to defend me and William accused Optimus of doing what he was doing to me.

Optimus and I had to leave before he lost it. Parents were next. I hope they aren't as bad as William. We knocked on the door and my dad answered looking like he just saw a ghost. I hid my ears and tail so I could be more recognizable. He started crying and hugged me tight. I hugged him back crying too, happy to see him again. He brought me and Optimus in and my mum hugged me crying too. It's been too long.

After an emotional reunion, I introduced them to Optimus and explained what happened after the experiment, except my adventures with the Autobots, and my reunion with William. They knew he changed after I disappeared but didn't take much notice because they lost contact with him. Good. He's crazy. We spent the rest of the day together and they did question Optimus to see if he was right for me and, thankfully, they approved.

He also introduced himself as Orion Pax. I showed them my new fox features and they were okay with it after I explained what happened, leaving out Breakdown. They're still a government secret and I'll make sure it stays that way until Optimus says that we can tell them the truth. We soon went home and finally caught up on sleep. The dream didn't happen again. My dream was trying to tell me to look for them the whole time! Well, wish I figured that out sooner because that was annoying. I just hope everything will go back to normal now.