Chapter Five: Sick Mind

"Optimus, you are not going to believe this," Ratchet said, "I've just pinpointed the location of the Decepticon Warship."

"How did you penetrate their cloaking technology?" Optimus asked approaching.

"I didn't," Ratchet said, "I was experimenting the variable frequency wavelengths when I stumbled upon it. Even still, their ship must be experiencing some kind of electromagnetic breach."

"With Megatron deceased and the element of surprise..." Arcee said.

"We could cause some serious damage," Bulk said.

"Also on the same frequency, an Autobot emergency beacon," Ratchet said.

"The Decepticons can wait. There may be Autobots in distress. Ratchet, bring your medical kit," Optimus said.

Optimus and Ratchet went through the groundbridge and went to the location. Meanwhile, Jack decided to tease me with my squeaky ball. He does this a lot but, then again, so to Raf and Miko and Optimus. But it wasn't long until Optimus and Ratchet came back but the right side of Optimus' face was rusting. Ratchet put Optimus in the med bay and scanned him.

"Cybonic Plague," Ratchet said looking at his scanner, "it's only contagious if contact is made with the exposed Energon."

"What was a plague doing in an Autobot spaceship?" Miko asked.

"Its passengers were infected," Arcee explained, "the virus wiped out millions on Cybertron during the great war."

"Cybonic Plague was engineered in the Decepticons' biological-warfare program by Megatron himself," Ratchet said.

"You... have a cure, don't you?" I asked.

Optimus groaned, "no cure..."

"Optimus, please, save your strength," Ratchet told him.

"Would Megatron create a disease without having a cure?" Jack asked, "I-I mean, what if he caught it by accident?"

"It's not like we can ask Megatron, Jack," Bulk said, "he's pushing up lug nuts."

"But, we might be able to access the Decepticon database. For the moment, we still have a fix on their Warships location," Ratchet said.

Arcee and Bumblebee went.

"(Y/N)..." Optimus said weakly.

Ratchet put me next to his face, "right here, Optimus."

"Stay... Please..."

"I won't leave."

I don't like seeing him like this. He's been badly beaten up before but this is far worse. While Arcee and Bumblebee looked through the Decepticon database, I sang softly to Optimus. Optimus still likes the song we sang when we first met. But he prefers that I sing it. I don't mind. I stopped when Optimus asked Ratchet if he was infected with the virus but he wasn't.

You could hear how weak he was. The pain in his voice. Arcee told Ratchet that she couldn't find the cure in the database while Bumblebee tried to get her attention. It wasn't long until she said that Megatron was still alive. Thankfully, he wasn't awake and was hooked up to life support, much like Optimus. Arcee was about to kill him when Ratchet told her that he might be Optimus' only hope.

He still had brain-wave activity so Ratchet told her to use a Cortical Psychic Patch to look into Megatron's brain. If the cure exists, Megatron would be the only one who knows it. Arcee asked if Ratchet had ever performed the procedure. He hadn't but he had studied it even though only Decepticons had access to it.