Chapter Nineteen: Rebellion

It has been days since we all separated and I've barely been surviving. For the past few days, I've been surviving on the animals I've managed to hunt since it's been a while. I've been hiding in the forest the whole time not making much effort to find the team. I was hoping to lay low before making a move and I think I've waited long enough. I came out of the forest and started walking around.

I tried to stay in the shadows as much as I could so if any Decepticons flying by won't find me. I walked for hours and night fell quickly. I had to find somewhere for the night. I'm out in what feels like scenic nowhere. There's nowhere to stay. Or so I thought. I stumbled upon a farm. Lights were out so the farmers were most likely asleep.

I don't see any harm of getting some sleep too. I snuck into the barn with the rest of the animals and cuddled with the cows for warmth. They do smell a bit but I can't complain. I don't exactly smell good myself. Unfortunately, I didn't sleep long because a Shetland Sheepdog exposed me by barking, waking the farmers. The animals were startled and I barked back before climbing to hopefully escape the farmers.

I climbed up the scaffolding but the dog wouldn't stop barking. The farmers came in with torches searching for me. Please don't find me. I got to the top and started walking and jumping to the window. Unfortunately, I couldn't jump or climb out the window without breaking my legs so I camped there until the farmers left.

Unfortunately, the dog snitched on me and I was caught. Well, this is all about survival, may as well do what I have to do. I climbed down safely to them. I made myself appear mute and helpless so they could take pity on me. It worked before I bolted out the open door. The dog chased me but I was much faster so I outran it and hid in the wheat field. This brings back memories of Optimus and I's first meeting.

Wheat does remind me of Optimus. I slept in the field the rest of the night and stayed hidden the next morning. I peaked out to see the farmers and the dog leaving the farm at one point so I sat up and stared into the distance. This feels hopeless. I stared for a while until I heard the sound of an aircraft above me. I looked up to see an alien ship fly by.

I saw an Autobot symbol so I immediately got up and tried to get their attention. At first, I thought they didn't see me until they landed. I ran towards it as a hatch at the bottom lowered revealing some bots. It was Arcee, Wheeljack, Bulk and another bot which looked similar to Optimus in a way. Jack and Miko were there! We all said hello after so long away.

"It's great to see some familiar faces at last," I said smiling before it faded, "well, all but one."

"(Y/N), meet Ultra Magnus. He was Optimus' key lieutenant during the war," Arcee said, "sir, this is Optimus' sparkmate, (Y/N)."

"Can I guess you like authority from others?" I asked him.

"Correct," Magnus said.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, sir," I said.

"Likewise."

We had a small chat before we boarded the ship to hopefully find the others. We flew for a while before arriving at a broken ship in the desert. We landed and we saw Ratchet, Raf and Bee but Bee's paint job was now more black than yellow. Before he was more yellow and a bit of black now his colours are reversed. All the kids said hello with hugs. As everyone admired Bee's new paint job, Ratchet talked with Ultra Magnus. The kids and I listened to the conversation.

"The communication link needs further calibration to be compatible with Autobot frequencies. The Groundbridge, however, is fully operational," Ratchet told Magnus.

"That would've come in handy when robo-dragon was trying to eat us for breakfast," Miko said as me, Jack and Raf tried to keep her quiet.

Magnus tapped a finger on his waist looking down at her, "the indigenous population of this planet, do they all display the same disrespect for authority?"

"No. Mostly just Miko," Ratchet said.

We heard a jet in the distance and Magnus was ready to shoot it but the plane belonged to Fowler so everyone told him not to shoot. Fowler landed the jet and help June out who hugged all of us humans. She assured Miko and Raf that their families were safe because Fowler had Jasper evacuated in time.

"The only signals Ultra Magnus was able to isolate are standing right here," Arcee said.

"Maybe his scanner's faulty," Wheeljack said.

"So the kids unaccounted for," Bulk said.

"Smokescreen bridged out unaccompanied like (Y/N). Only Optimus knows where. And Optimus remained behind, to destroy the Groundbridge, to... ensure that everyone else... made it to safety," Ratchet explained.

"I... watched the base go down," Fowler said, "no one or thing walked out of there."

"Not that we could see," June added.

"Even if Prime survived, I'm not sure we can afford to wait for him to show up. Not with Megatron holding our planet hostage from his high and mighty perch at Darkmount," Fowler said.

"I would be inclined to agree with the native life-form," Magnus said, "we must stop Megatron, with or without Optimus prime. We must do everything in our power to ensure Megatron's downfall."

"Woah, who put shoulder pads in command?" Wheeljack asked.

"Temporary command," I said

"Ultra Magnus is the only logical choice," Ratchet said, "he was trained by Optimus and served as his commanding officer throughout the war for Cybertron."

Magnus then led them in his ship where they all picked out weapons to defeat Megatron. We formed a plan inside the ship. The kids would call or text to get some of the Decepticons away from their fortress, the bots will take the opportunity to attack, destroy the power to some fusion cannons and then Fowler and the military will blow up the fortress.

Sounds easy enough. Ratchet, me and the kids waited in the ship. We listened to them through the communication links but we didn't know exactly what was going on. After a while, we saw a new Autobot signal and it was airborne. We don't know any bots that can fly. But then came the news that made me so happy.

"All units Optimus Prime has returned. Repeat, Prime is alive and quite well."

And let's hope he stays that way. I don't want any else bad to happen to Optimus. He's been through enough. When the battle was over, we were all taken to a new base where I saw Optimus for the first time. His appearance has changed since the last time we saw each other. I like it.

Fowler thanked the bots for what they did for Earth on behalf of the President. Optimus welcomed Ultra Magnus to Earth and team Prime. Optimus couldn't go into his holoform so he just kneeled down to pet me as a hello. I didn't mind because I loved it. As long as he's alive and safe, I'm happy.