Chapter Seventeen: Some changes

I was borrowing Raf's computer looking for houses should the war between Autobots and Decepticons stop. I wish it would end soon. Same with Project Iacon. Project Iacon is something we downloaded from the Decepticons warship when they were having an accidental malfunction. We've gotten and lost some the relics that were at the coordinates. Now that we got some of them, Optimus is decoding the rest of it.

"(Y/N)? Can I have my computer back?" Raf asked.

"Yeah," I said giving it back.

I started playing with my plushie.

"(Y/N)? Are you wanting to buy a house?" Raf asked.

"For after the war," I said, "and maybe because I still feel confined."

"(Y/N)," I looked at Optimus who had stopped working, "why did you not tell me?"

"I didn't really think about it until now. Sorry," I said.

Optimus went into his holoform, joined me on the sofa and hugged me. I hugged him back.

"It is alright. I want what is best for you," Optimus said.

"I know."

Optimus and I just ended up cuddling when everyone went to bed that night. Optimus asked what I wanted my life to be like after the war. That's a good question. Before I met him, all I wanted was to be free and now, I just want a normal life with Optimus. A normal house, no war, no Decepticons, just us. I want to spend the rest of my life with him but this war is preventing that.

(Time skip!)

Optimus had a surprise for me. I was in his vehicle mode with a blindfold on. What is going on? He soon stopped and helped me out of the truck. He guided me over rocks, sticks and branches as far as I'm aware before we stopped. Optimus took the blindfold off and I saw a cottage. In fact, one of the cottages I was looking at on Raf's computer. (Cottage above)

"It is yours," Optimus said smiling.

"Really?" I asked.

Optimus nodded, "I had Agent Fowler buy it for you and you are free to do anything you want. Explore the forest, if you want, find some work, anything."

I hugged him, smiling, "you're the best, Optimus. I love you."

"I love you too," Optimus said hugging back.

We then went inside to have a look around. All of my stuff was here along with some new things, a living room,  kitchen, bathroom, a few bedrooms, a view of the forest, it was all beautiful. I can't thank Optimus enough for this. We spent the day together before Optimus left to continue with the Iacon database. I went to see what town I was close to and it turned out I was close to a city called Crown City.

I looked around and, while I was at it, went to find a job. I thought I could do something simple like taking care of animals at the animal shelter when I saw a poster looking for people to be apart of a paranormal investigator group. I mean, after more tests by myself, I can hear spirits and sense their presence. I can give that a go. I gave them a call, gave me a test and I got the job.

I did show them my fox features and they were fine with it. As the days past, Optimus told me what was happening at the base since I haven't been there in a long time. We have a new recruit names Smokescreen, Silas turned out to be alive in the corpse of Breakdown and now they're looking for keys to help restore Cybertron.

They'll be leaving then. I just hope that once Cybertron is restored and the war is over, Optimus will come back. One day, I was walking around the forest when I saw a familiar Cybertronian. Starscream. And he's been hurt again. Is this going to be a new reputation now?

"On the floor again, Screamer?" I asked.

"That's Starscream and yes. On the floor. Again," Starscream said.

"Honestly, Starscream, you need to take better care of yourself. I'll call Ratchet," I took out my phone.

That's when Starscream grabbed me making me drop it and stood up perfectly. He was faking it! He opened a groundbridge and took me somewhere that almost looked like the Decepticon Warship. He put me in a cylinder and put the lid on. Thankfully for me, it was ventilated.

I just sat down and watch Starscream trying to remain calm and not panic. Starscream noticed my calm state and was a little annoyed about it. He soon asked if I wanted to know more about Optimus or something but I asked about Starscream. What his life was like before the war and his relationship with Megatron. He told me how he was supposed to be the ruler of Vos, a city for Seekers like him.

I can see him doing that. Purple cape, golden crown with rubies. I told him that vision and said if he could change his ways, he can rule over his own kind instead of being a slave to Megatron. Starscream didn't accept that but I could tell he was thinking about it. He soon opened another Groundbridge, grabbed me and took four of the same objects and went through. He walked around until he arrived at probably the control room. Now, this is the real Decepticon warship.

"I cannot allow Optimus Prime to be the one to revive Cybertron," Megatron said as he walked in with Dreadwing, "we will locate the Autobot base, invade it and retrieve the Omega Keys."

"Been there, done that," Starscream said, "please pardon my unannounced visit, Lord Megatron," Dreadwing brought out a giant gun and pointed it at Starscream but Megatron stopped him from shooting, "but I come bearing a peace offering."

Starscream showed the four objects and pointed to me. Wait, the objects are the Omega Keys! He knows where the Autobots are! This is bad. This is really, really bad! Starscream put me and the keys down in front of him.

"Few things of value come without a price," Megatron said towering over me and Starscream, "So, tell me, Starscream, what is it that you wish in return?"

"Only to be a Decepticon once again," Starscream said bowing.

"Dreadwing is my first lieutenant now."

"And I accept that much has changed during my absence. I only wish to serve you, my one true master, in any way that you deem fit."

"I am deeply impressed by your accomplishment, Starscream. And know that I will put your offerings to good use, whatever the outcome."

"Outcome?" Starscream chuckled nervously, "of what?"

Megatron ordered Knockout to be taken out of a wall and I was put in a cell. I giant one at that. Optimus would call around now too. And I won't be able to answer. He shouldn't worry about me now. He needs to stop the Decepticons from reviving Cybertron!