Chapter Twenty: Thirst

I had returned to my cottage in Crown City. Optimus scanned a new vehicle mode, thankfully, his holoform was still the same. Right now, the Autobots and Decepticons have been searching for Predacon bones. A Predacon is the robo-dragon that Miko mentioned. It recently returned to the Decepticons. Speaking of Decepticons, Knockout and Starscream have been coming to my cottage a lot recently to hang out.

Neither side know of these meetings I haven't even told Optimus. But, the two Decepticons aren't actually bad bots. The three of us have become great friends but still feel they need to keep up the impression that they're Decepticons to both sides. But, today, however, is a little different from our normal meetings. Turns out they are the ones holding Silas inside of Breakdown captive for experiments.

Knockout told me that he was going to do some experimenting that would put Silas through a lot of pain and asked if I wanted to join for a bit of payback for what he did to me. I never wanted revenge but to see Silas go through the same pain I did would be satisfying. So, I'm currently on the Decepticon Warship with Knockout, Starscream and Breakdown for experiments. Starscream, however, was having a bad day.

Starscream began his rant with a groan, "Will my torment never end?! First I had to vie for Megatron's favour against that treacherous harpy Airachnid. Now I must contend with Shockwave and his incorrigible beast!"

"Oh, look at the bright side, Starscream. At least one of them is currently on ice, locked up tight in the vault of your Warship," I said.

"Oh, how I would love to stuff Shockwave and his mangy abomination right into that stasis pod beside her. The only reason his project Predacon is currently in full swing is because I supervised the acquisition of his dozens of Predacon bones," Silas moaned while Starscream continued to rant, "will you please keep your lab rat quiet while I'm airing my grievances?"

Silas continued to moan and groan weakly while strapped to a lab table similar to what I was bound to.

"Starscream... help... me..." Silas weakly called out.

Starscream chuckled, "my, my, my. Whatever have you been inflicting upon poor Silas?"

"Ha! Well, anything that merits the need for a living petri dish," Knockout said.

Knockout injects a green serum I quickly recognize as Synthetic Energon, something Ratchet used on himself and is still trying to perfect it, into Silas and his eyes turn bright green and more moans. That must hurt if that's going into a living human. Ratchet did mention that any Energon infecting the human body is bad so that must be excruciating.

"Despite your justifiable lack of regard for his human side, it doesn't trouble you to watch what remains of your former partner endure your scientific endeavours?" Starscream asked.

"Not really," Knockout said, "besides, Silas once had poor Breakdown pinned to his lab table along with (Y/N). I think my former partner would be pleased to be a part."

Silas continued to groan until he shut down.

"What just happened?" I asked.

"You recall that Synthetic Energon I recovered from the Autobots? Well, I've been reproducing the formula to test its viability as an alternative energy source. However, the compound remains erratic, and there have been side effects," Knockout explained.

"Such as?" Starscream asked.

Silas suddenly came back online screaming, "Starscream, I hope you replaced your T-Cog, because I'm going to tear it out all over again and feed it to Knockout!"

"Sheer, unbridled aggression," Knockout said.

"Such power and fury! Megatron has long desired a beast-machine supersoldier, and we now possess the means of delivering one to him," Starscream said.