Jobs

Hermione Pov

Draco and I are in McGonagall's office, she summoned us to talk about yesterday's club. When we arrived she had a small proud grin on her face and we instantly relaxed.

"So Mr and Mrs Malfoy," McGonagall begins and I sense glee from my ring coming from Draco. "Your club yesterday seems to be a success."
"It seems so," Draco nods.

"Professor Flitwick and Madam Pince each reported several students researching stunning spells and shield charms."

"Already?!" I exclaim.

Draco chuckles "There are students in this school swottier than you, Mya! Can you believe it?!"
McGonagall chuckles, "So the reason I brought you here is to secure you some future jobs."

"I beg your pardon?" I yelp.

"Flitwick wants to retire this year," she explains. "So I wanted the two of you to take over his job next year. I would also like you, Mrs Malfoy, to become my successor as a Transfiguration teacher as being both a teacher and Headmistress is a lot of work."

"How would I be Charms teacher as well as Transfiguration teacher?" I ask.

"Well, we'll have to schedule the two lessons so they never overlap," McGonagall suggests. "I have never seen this many students so eager to learn past the first year, I think the two of you would be positive influences on the children."

Draco has stayed silent so I elbow him to speak up, "I don't think it will work," he says.

"Why ever not?" the headmistress exclaims.

"I've already caught students who believed we were flirting with each other during the lesson," he explains. "I can assure you we weren't, but once it comes out that we're married the first and second years won't want to be in classes because they think we are flirting."

"I see that is a possibility," McGonagall says. "But this does sound a bit like anxiety Mr Malfoy, I can assure you that the students will stay in your class really because they can't leave, the two of you have a very engaging way of teaching and I just want you to think it over, I'm well aware that the two of you already have a high daily income but I feel like this is something the two of you would enjoy."

"Would it be possible if Draco could also teach Transfiguration with me?" I say quietly.
"If it suits his schedule than yes of course," McGonagall nods at Draco. "The two of you have more than enough time to work things, just count the club as practice."

"Thank you, Headmistress," I say.
"It is my pleasure."

Draco brings up the Room of Requirement idea and McGonagall accepts then we leave and head back to our dorm. "Don't worry," Draco whispers. "It will be fun. And we can focus the extra pay for S.P.E.W. and funding Saint Mungos."

"That does sound interesting," I sigh.

We arrive at our door to see Blaise and Luna chatting together with Abraxus Malfoy.
"What are you two doing here?" Draco asks.

"I came to visit you," Luna shrugs. "And Blaise decided to follow me."

"Are you stalking my cousin in law?" I ask him.
"No ma'am," he says saluting. "I was however making sure the Weaselette that was stalking her didn't get here."

"Why was Ginny stalking you?" I ask Luna.

"Well, she was jealous that I know all the answers to Grandfather's questions."

"They are Malfoy trivia questions," Draco shakes his head. "Of course you would know."

"Where is Ginny then?" I ask.
Blaise chuckles evilly, "I threw her out the window."

"You what?!" I exclaim.

"Don't worry, I didn't actually throw her, I had her fall onto my magic carpet then it took her out the window," he laughs. "Sent her to the Black Lake."

Draco and I stare at him in shock and he bursts out laughing louder, "You should see your faces. I assure you Red is completely safe, the rug is most probably playing with her now."

"I wanna see the flying carpet," Luna giggles.
"I'll show you when it's free," he nods.