Bedtime

"I'm going to bed now Dray!" I call down the hallway after I come out of the bathroom in my light blue nightdress.
"Did you wash off the Potter lurgies?" he asks from the common room which he uses to tinker with spells.

He's still going on about the lurgies? I roll my eyes. "Yes Ferret, I washed off the Potter lurgies."

I hear footsteps and then he comes over to our room. "Are you going to stay up and read?"

"Maybe." 

"How far into the book are you?" he questions.

"Almost finished," I reply.
His jaw drops slightly, "Then you're not reading it."

I scowl at him, "Why not?"
He gently pokes me in the forehead, "Because dear wife of mine, I'm only just over halfway through my copy Stephen King's Pet Sematary and we're meant to be reading it together."

Draco buys me muggle books whenever we venture to Muggle London then he duplicates them so we can read them at the same time but he hates it when I get too far ahead of him.
"But I want to read it tonight," I wail.

"What page are you on?"

"300."

"I'm on page 200, give me an hour," he pleads. "I'll pack up my stuff and then read it until I'm on page 300, meanwhile you can study for that test you already know the answers to."
"Which one?" I laugh.
"All of them, a little revision never hurt anyone," he tells me.

"Okay," I say sullenly. "But you have to be done in the next hour."
"Yes Mistress Malfoy," he says exaggerating a bow.

He heads back to the common room to tidy up the mess he's made. I laugh at his desperation. I go over to our bed and lie down. I have extra books for just such occasions. I reach under the bed for the first novel in the Worst Witch series. By the time I'm finished reading this children's book Draco should be almost finished his hundred pages.

Just under an hour later, I have -as I predicted- finished the book.  I get out of bed then go to the door, "Are you done yet Draco?" I call.

"Almost!" he calls back. "Go organise your jewellery or something."
I sigh, I go over to the vanity table that Draco insisted we invested in. I didn't understand at the time why he insisted so much and then the overload of gifts that he kept getting me and then I realised he knew I needed a place to store them. I realise I had left my chain that was no longer disillusioned on the table. I open the chain and take my wedding ring out of it and slid it onto my ring finger.

 I open the chain and take my wedding ring out of it and slid it onto my ring finger

A/N, of course, Draco would go all out.

Suddenly, Draco comes into the room."Done!" He looks over at me and the ring. "Admiring your ring again?"

"I just put it on, doesn't mean I was admiring it," I retort sticking my tongue out at him.

"Whatever you say," he chuckles. "Come on let's finish the book, there are only 73 pages left."

"So another 45 minutes of being awake?" I calculate. He nods then I yawn. "Go make us some tea then, we need to be awake to read."

"So demanding," he says in an exaggerated annoyed tone.

"Just make the tea, Dray," I roll my eyes.