The Train

Hermione Pov

"What was that about?" Fred and George simultaneously.
"Malfoy saw me go into a shop and decided that he can't let me do anything in his presence other than argue, so he called me over to him so he could annoy me."

The twins and Ginny give me an amused grin, I look back to see Draco heading into the station. "What did you go into the shop?" Ron asks abruptly.

"Morning Hermione, how were your holidays?" I say moving to the side as if I were a different person talking to myself. I turn again "It was lovely, Hermione, even though I did end up in the papers."
"The papers!" Harry exclaims. "I was meant to Owl you about that."
"I'll tell you later, Harry," I say. "Right, now we've got a train to catch."

The twins apparated away as we passed the outside of the Slytherin compartments and caught a glimpse of Draco sitting down next to Blaise. Ron and Harry look back in shock but I just tell them to keep moving.

We get on the train and then it finally starts moving. We sit in silence. Ginny seems to be in a relaxed mood so I don't want to disturb her, Ron doesn't look like he wants to talk to anyone and Harry is just being quiet.

I put Hello Kitty on my lap and start stroking her head absently, the soft material is very soothing. "Is that Hello Kitty?" Harry asks.
My eyes widen, "You know Hello Kitty?"
"Hard not to," he shrugs. "Seen the adverts everywhere." Sometimes its hard to remember Harry grew up in the Muggle World; he's so well adapted tot the Wizarding one. Small reminders like Cadbury's chocolate flakes are what separate him.

"Yeah," I laugh. "This is what Malfoy was asking me about, I told him he should get one for Luna."

The compartment door opens to reveal Blaise, "Morning!" he says eyeing Ginny. No one knows if she's picked up on his attempts of courting her, if she has, she hasn't reacted. "Granger, Draco and you are needed in the Head Compartments."

"Coming," I chime. "Thanks, Zabini."

He nods and I get up, "See you later," I say to my friends, then Blaise leads me to the Head Compartments. I enter then say "Dray, is something wrong?" I expected to see Professor McGonagall waiting for me but no. It's my husband lying down comfortably on the seats he's transfigured into a bed. Blaise creeps away as I say "What is so important that you dragged me away from my friends."

His eyes widen with fake shock, "I did nothing of the sort."
"It's a figure of speech," I reply impatiently.
"Is there something wrong with wanting to spend time with my wife?"
"We've done nothing but spend time together for the last few weeks," I retort as I sit down on the transfigured bed. "I'm starting to get sick of your face."

With that, he grabs me making me yelp and pulls me down, "You could never be sick of this face, love. It's too handsome."

"You're insufferable."
"And you're a know-it-all," he chuckles. "Together we make a perfect match."
"Stupid ferret," I grumble but I can't keep out the fondness is the tone.

"What happened to 'foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach'?"

"You deserved that one," I say in my defence. "You really wanted Buckbeak dead."
"Hey, that's all in the past now, we made up yesterday, remember."

I stick my tongue out at him, "Now, tell the truth or I'm leaving."

"Twins popped by," he shrugs. "Said something about awakening 'Sassy 'Mione' and Potter's ears will be bleeding with insults if I didn't call you quickly."

Explains their disappearance earlier, "Sassy 'Mione?" I ask.
"Does a 'Morning Me' routine ring any bells?" he chuckles. "Come have a nap love, months of late nights awaits us."

"But we'll have our duties in a couple of hours," I protest.
"Exactly a couple of hours!" he says. "Come on Mya, Kreacher woke us up and we couldn't sleep for hours, time to catch up, we don't want your grades to suffer."

"Do not blackmail me with my grades husband," I say sternly.

"I'd prefer not to blackmail you at all, wife," he retort. He holds up his arm to show off his Swatch Watch, "I'll set an alarm on here so we wake up and I'll place a charm around us so nobody can see us."

I sigh the shuffle up the transfixed bed so I can snuggle closer to him, "If it fails, I'll kill you," I threaten.
"Have some faith," he says then proceeds to put up five more charms than necessary to hide us. Slowly, we drift asleep.