Chapter 10

Remembering how Grandmaster Lan Yi had cried into her mate’s arms while his Aunt comforted her quietly, Wei Ying couldn’t help feeling a pain in his chest. He knew how it felt when your mate or mates left you to protect the world. Wei Ying felt his stomach squeeze a little when he remembered how two of his mates died protecting him and Lan Zhan in his past life.

Jiang Cheng and Lan Xichen had died, leaving them and the children behind. He didn't want to lose any of his mates. He wanted to be with them and watch their children grow up. He realized it was truly a fortune to be able to meet them once more in this new life, while others could never see their loves again. Wei Ying didn't realize that he had stopped walking and started crying until he felt a soft hand brush away the tears from his eyes. Wei Ying blinked a few times, and turned to see an encouraging smile on his mate’s face.

"Don’t cry, Wei Ying,” Lan Zhan said gently.

Wei Ying's eyes became blurry; he couldn't stop the tears from coming. He was pulled forward and he felt Lan Zhan wrap his arms around him.

"Mother," Sizhui and Jingyi said with shaky voices. When they saw their mother crying in their father's arms, they didn’t need to ask why. They knew that their parents had suffered a lot and struggled hard to protect their loved ones.

"They are here with us now," mumbled Lan Zhan. He knew that his omega was thinking about their other mates Jiang Cheng and his older brother.

Wei Ying answered in a low voice, barely loud enough for them to hear. "They are so close, yet so far. I want to be with them. I want to kiss them and so much more, but they still haven't figured it out yet. I remember how it felt when they left the world to protect us. Only a few of us were alive in a world where everyone was killed. We were the only ones who survived. Now that we have the chance, I can't help but want to be near them."

“I remember too,” Lan Zhan placed a hand under Wei Ying’s chin and made Wei Ying look up at him. Lan Zhan leaned forward and kissed Wei Ying on the forehead. “Don’t worry. It won't be long until they realize it. Others will help us. They are waiting now.”

Lan Zhan used his sleeve to wipe away the tears. Wei Ying finally calmed down and looked behind Lan Zhan. Sizhui, Jingyi, and Jin Ling were gazing at them with sadness in their eyes. Wei Ying spread his arms. They leaped towards him and wrapped him in their embrace. Jin Ling smiled to himself. Wei Ying had become a second mother to him, though he didn’t dare ask him if he could call him mother Ying.

Wei Ying saw Jin Ling deep in thought and immediately guessed what Jin Ling was thinking.

"A-Ling, you can call me Mother as well. You are my sons’ mate." Jin Ling looked up at Wei Ying in shock. "How did you...?"

"It's a mother's instinct. Mothers can tell what their children want. Call me that when we are alone until the others know who you three are." said Wei Ying. Jin Ling bobbed his head. After hugging for a few more minutes, they made their way back to Lan Xichen's room, where the others were waiting for them.

Wei Ying stepped into the Hanshi, the others trailing behind him. Those in the Hanshi were having tea and chatting with each other when they heard the door open. They looked up and saw Wei Ying’s group come in.

“You’re back. Did you get the seal?" Lan Qiren questioned. Lan Zhan bowed. “Yes, sir.”

“And how is Grandmaster Lan Yi?” Lan Qiren pressed. "She went with her mate,” Sizhui replied. Lan Qiren gave a curt nod.