Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Last Chapter

“The Stygian Amulet,” Wei Ying murmured, just loudly enough for everyone to hear. Before anyone in the room could react, he collapsed. In the moments before he lost consciousness, he could hear his mates and family calling his name.

As the echoes of their voices faded away, Wei Ying fainted in the warmth of Lan Xichen’s arms.

 _______

Everyone was sitting quietly, waiting for the person lying in bed to wake. Jiang Cheng had been walking in circles for the past half hour. Jiang Yanli finally couldn't help himself and spoke up, breaking the silence. "A-Cheng, would you please stop walking in circles? You are making me dizzy." 

Jiang Cheng halted abruptly. "Sorry, A-Jie. I am just really worried about him,” he said apologetically.

"I know. We all are,” Jiang Yanli said softly. “We’ll have him explain what’s happening when he wakes up." Jiang Cheng bobbed his head and went to sit in a chair in the corner, right next to Lan Sizhui. They all watched A-Xian, fearing for his safety.

Sizhui gazed at his mother, feeling his forehead crease into a frown. His mother had never fainted after having a vision. He and his father had just gotten back when it happened and were shocked to see Wei Ying faint in the corridor.

They were lucky that Chifeng-Zun had caught Wei Ying in the nick of time, or else he would have crashed into the wall. 

Sizhui heard a groan. Wei Ying was holding his head and struggling to sit up in bed. Everyone hurried over to help Wei Ying. Wei Ying winced, glancing around at everyone’s faces. "What happened to me?" Lan Zhan took a glass of water and handed it to Wei Ying. Wei Ying took it and gulped down the water, letting out a relaxed sigh as he felt the rush of water down his throat. 

"Jingyi said you were in the middle of having a vision when you were suddenly thrown backward in real life. We don't know how it happened, but. Mingjue caught you before you could hurt yourself. You said the Stygian amulet was calling out to you and wanted you to save them.”

Wei Ying nodded. “Oh, yeah. I remember now.”

Lan Zhan leaned in closer to him. "What was your vision about?".

"I saw Wen Ruohan. He put 3 pieces of Stygian Amulet seal inside an array,” Wei Ying explained. “He is tampering with the seal. I could hear the 3 pieces of Stygian amulet seal screaming and asking Wen Ruohan to stop. They wanted to be saved. When I got close, the seal stopped moving.”

“They sensed me,” Wei Ying said, feeling a chill run down his spine as he recounted the memory. “Then, they suddenly launched towards me, screaming SAVE ME. And then the vision ended."

Nie Mingjue frowned "What the hell is Stygian Amulet Seal?"

“Stygian Amulet seals are dangerous. Especially since Wen Ruohan commands it. The seal has the ability to control the Fierce corpse. There are a total of 5 pieces of Stygian Amulet. Wen Ruohan has 3 of them. The remaining 2 are still missing. 4 pieces of Stygian Amulet seal are here in Gusu and the fifth is stored within a sword in a Xuanwu cave.” Wei Ying said.

Lan Xichen frowned. "That is a secret. No one is supposed to know about that except for me, my father, and Uncle." 

“My vision told me,” Wei Ying said matter-of-factly. 

"If it is this dangerous, we need to get those 3 pieces of seal back from Wen Ruohan.” Nie Mingjue mused thoughtfully.

Before anyone could speak, Wei Ying's eyes started glowing again, telling everyone he was having a vision. Wei Ying felt his consciousness being pulled away from reality.

Wei Ying opened his eyes to find himself standing in front of the 3 pieces of Stygian amulet. Wei Ying looked around to see if Wen Ruohan was around, but the hall was practically empty. Wei Ying walked up to the array.

"Master," three voices chorused, in perfect unison. Wei Ying jumped in surprise

"You are… speaking to me?” Wei Ying said slowly.

"We are using your Seer power to speak to you, Master. When you time-traveled back to the past, our memory of the future also came back. In your last life,  we tried to speak to you but since your power was blocked, we couldn't do anything.” the first seal piece explained calmly.

“But now you can save us, Master. Please make us pure again!" cried the second piece.

"What do you mean by making you pure again?" Wei Ying asked.

"We’re sick of this nasty resentful energy. We want the energy of love! Only that will make us happy. You have a pure heart, so you can give us love. Then you can talk to us and wield us, and we won’t be evil anymore! Besides, I don’t like Wen Ruohan. His voice sounds like nails on a chalkboard.”

Wei Ying couldn’t help but feel sorry for the seal. “Alright, I’ll help you. What do I need to do?”

The third piece of seal answered. "We know that one of our parts is somewhere closer to where you are staying. Purify its resentful energy. Feed it, love. If you do so, we will be able to come to the Master through the link each piece of us have with each other. Now you must go, for Wen Ruohan is coming. Make sure to do as we say."

Wei Ying blinked his eyes and found himself back in the bed.

“Hello? You alright?” Jingyi was waving his hand in front of Wei Ying’s face. Wei Ying jokingly gave him a disapproving look and gently brushed it aside. Then his eyes turned serious.

“Everyone,” Wei Ying said solemnly. Everyone’s ears perked up, anticipating that he had something important to say.

“We’ve got an important mission to complete.”