Chapter 13

Hiiii I am so sorry for such a late update. One of the reason for the slow update is that I am in my final year for university and I have like 6 accounting subject and less theory subject through my classes haven't started yet just wanted to let you know. And I apologize for such a late update.

Here is the new chapter. I hope you like it. Enjoy!

_______

"Wuxian...Wei Wuxian. Help me~~”

Wei Wuxian's eyes snapped open. Sitting up straight, he took a long deep breath. Beads of sweat rolled down his face and fell lightly on the ground. His heart raced, its wild and frenzied rhythm spiralling his mind deeper into an uncontrollable chaos with every passing second.

He wiped his forehead with his sleeve. Blinking dazedly, he looked at the window, realising it was still dark outside.

What the hell was that? Why did it feel like I was about to get possessed by someone? 

This feeling wasn’t unfamiliar to him. That feeling of sinister, cold hands crawling across his skin, sending goosebumps all over his body, dread slowly but surely creeping in… how could he ever forget that? In the burial mounds, he had experienced the same feeling when a ghost tried to take control of his body. Wei Wuxian was deep in thought when someone tapped his shoulder. Taken completely by surprise, Wei Wuxian let out a shout.

"Mother, what the hell? It's me, Jingyi." Lan Jingyi looked at him worriedly. The scream from Wei Wuxian had even startled him. Lan Jingyi had woken up unexpectedly; he had been about to go back to sleep when he saw his mother in an unnatural state.

Lan Jingyi was relieved that they had placed the Silencing Talisman in their room. Since traveling to the past, there were times that either Jingyi or Wei Wuxian would wake up in the middle of the night screaming due to nightmares, which usually woke other people up as well.

"Ji...Jingyi, You...why are you scaring me like that?." Wei Wuxian asked a little shakily. He steadied himself and stared disapprovingly at his sun. Lan Jingyi put both his hands up in defense. "I wasn't trying to scare you. I just wanted to know if you’re alright. You’re still sweating a lot right now.” He settled himself on the edge of Wei Wuxian’s bed.

"Yes, everything’s good…"

Lan Jingyi knew that his mother was lying. He had learned to read the signs over the years- and often, Wei Wuxian had a tendency to lie about his feelings because he didn't want others to worry about him. 

"Mother. It’s okay to tell me what's wrong." Lan Jingyi said gently, placing a hand on Wei Wuxian’s shoulder.

"You understand me pretty well,” Wei Wuxian admitted. He glanced at the window and sighed before turning back to his son. “It was just another nightmare. Not a big deal, you know?”

"Want to talk about it?” Lan Jingyi asked. Wei Wuxian shook his head and Lan Jingyi let it go. He didn't want to force his mother to talk about something that he didn't want to discuss.

"Then, do you want to cuddle and sleep together?” Lan Jingyi suggested after a moment of silence.

Wei Wuxian smirked. "Ohh. Is it that you are worried about me?”