A beauty that had grazed the land of the earth

Eddy Chen was watching his sister's wedding unfold. She looked as beautiful as ever. Eddy sighed as he looked at her.

"Is it good enough?" Belle asked as he looked at herself in the mirror.

"Of course it is. You always look beautiful, Belle. You know it too..." Eddy said quietly. "Ugh, so ugly..." Eddy complained to his sister.

"What?" Belle asked.

"I know that it's unconventional to be your "maid of honor" or whatever but this suit is much more unconventional. I mean, lavender silk? Really Belle?" Eddy said, feeling the fabric against his fingertips.

"It's the color scheme of my wedding, love. I cannot let you walk in there with black silk looking like a bondage master." Belle said, laughing as he pinched Eddy's cheek. "I swear, ma is delaying everything! Where is she?" Belle asked Eddy.

Eddy just shrugged.

"You know how ma is... If the attention is not on her, she will find a way to get it back on her." Eddy said as they walked out of her hotel room to the hotel ballroom, where the wedding is set to happen.

"True... Look, she'll even wear that royal blue dress with her long, blue, matching coat." Belle said as they laughed together, they walk down to the bottom of the stairs.

"Nice to know that my children talk smack about me behind my back. Aiyah, so disrespectful. If you were any younger, I would have whooped you." Mama Chen said as she removed the coat.

"Ma, please..." Eddy begged as he looked at the staring competition between Belle and Mama Chen.

"Listen here, ma. I am getting married today. Today is my day and I do not mean disrespect but lay low for a while, will ya? You always got the attention so it would be nice if the attention is on me today and tonight." Belle said, words with a bit of a bite in them.

"Hmph, I should have never taught you how to spoke up. I already have two grown children and buried a husband and you dare disrespect me like this?" Mama Chen said with the same tone in her voice as Belle's.

"Well, let's just go. We can talk later when the wedding is finished, for now you have to let her get married." Eddy said as they entered.

Married to the man I love.

Eddy thought as he entered the venue. Goddamn, it was beautiful. She was so lucky to be married to the man of Eddy's dreams.

Maybe if I was beautiful, he would have chosen me instead.

Eddy lamented as he went behind Belle and dress train. He looked at the man and sighed. Eddy would kill to get the man to look at him like that.

The couple were now next to each other. Belle was so beautiful next to him. He was practically glowing with joy the moment they were together at the altar. Eddy never thought that they would marry when he introduced them.

- - - - -

"Why did you even introduce them to each other on the first place?" Ray Chen, his lovely best friend asked.

Ray was a music professor on violin performance on the university. He is also a soloist so his years switch between touring and teaching, which he is both passionate about. He was a favorite in the university.

"I never knew Hyung would like her! I mean, he did tell me he was bi but I thought he would have liked me already..." Eddy said sadly as he looked at Ray.

"I know what would make you feel better... Waiter!" Ray said as the waiter went to them. "Could you get us more California Red and extra dressing for the salad?" Ray added, smiling at the man.

"Coming right up!" The waiter said. A few moments later he was back and smiled at them. "Enjoy."

"Thank you so much, sir!" Ray said as he smiled. "Anyway, back to what we were talking about. Hyung is not worth it, Eddy. If he did not love you, your wit, your musicality and everything else then fuck him. There's someone for you out there and it's for sure not him." Ray added, drinking a sip of his wine.

"Easy for you to say, Ray. You're attractive and smart and a soloist. Oh, you're really kind too, very kind. You could have anyone you have. I'm not exactly the most attractive man out there..." Eddy said, cutting up his salad in a diagonal and turning his plate clockwise.

"Shut the fuck up, Eddy. You're beautiful. You don't have to be beautiful outside to sweep someone off of their feet. If I didn't have my woman now, I would have been all over you." Ray said, watching Eddy load up his fork of a bite of each element in his plate. "Why do you do that, Eddy?" Ray asked.

"That's the perfect bite, Ray. You get everything in equal portions in one bite." Eddy said, quietly chewing.

"You English professors and your weird antics." Ray said jokingly.

"As if you aren't weird, Mr. world-class violin soloist. You prep talk yourself alone backstage. I watch your videos, you know..." Eddy said as he did the same "ritual" when it came to eating his salad.

"You know, I'm just in the stage of my life where I know I will never marry." Eddy said pitifully as he looked Hyung.

"I love you, Eddy. But you really need to get over this ass. If he's an ass to you then you should just wish that he's gonna be a good man for your sister..." Ray said, voice filled with concern.

"I know you mean well, Ray." Eddy said as he smiled at the older man. "I would marry you if we didn't have the same last name." Eddy added before taking a sip of his wine.

"Shut the fuck up, Eddy. You're more like a brother to me at this stage." Ray laughed as they continued to their meal quietly.

Speaking of the devil, Hyung went to Eddy's table. He wrapped his arms around Eddy's neck lightly and kissed his cheek.

"You look great tonight, Eddy..." Hyung whispered. Eddy got out of Hyung's embrace and look at Ray with a knowing look.

"What are you doing here, Hyung? Shouldn't you be with Belle?" Eddy asked coldly.

"I would be but I can't find her." Hyung said, sitting down on Eddy's chair.

"Well, Ray keep him company for a while, I'll look for Belle." Eddy said, leaving the table with almost teary eyes.

He walked over to the table where their cousins were chatting with her. He blinked the tears away before going to her sister.

"Belle, Hyung's looking for you... It's time for your dance." Eddy said, leading Belle to Hyung.

Belle does not say anything but follow Eddy. Hyung was so happy the moment he saw Belle. Eddy felt a pinch in his stomach and a deep pain in his chest.

How does it feel to be that beautiful? To be able to capture anyone's or everyone's eyes the moment you just walk in. I want to feel that even for a day.

Eddy sat on the piano bench as Ray tuned his violin. They were going to play the first movement of the Franck Violin Sonata. Eddy's dream wedding dance ever since he heard the sonata.

He never told anyone but with the exception of Ray. Ray looked at him with pity while Eddy's just shrugged. He doesn't understand. Eddy's doing this for Belle and Hyung. He should be happy for them.

Right?

Right. So, with his hands warm and his system filled with alcohol enough to make him less anxious for the performance but not enough to intoxicate him, he was ready. He signaled at Ray and he started to play the introduction.

He closed his eyes. Even if it means a lot for Belle and Hyung, he simply cannot watch. After a few minutes, he heard everyone applaud and he smiled. His sister was happy.

Eddy was glad for her.