A redemption of the man who had fallen in love

Eddy went home and rid himself of his clothes. He took a shower, dried his hair and wore pajamas. He was ready to just sleep off all of what happened.

Despite not getting what he wanted with Hyung, he was happier. He was glad that a man like Hyung was out of his and her sister's life. Since she was divorced, she had returned to the family home. They were all together again.

"Belle, can I sleep here?" Eddy asked nervously.

"No offense Eddy, but even if you're my brother, I don't wanna see who my ex husband replaced me with." Belle said, no anger in her voice. Just sadness.

"Well, thankfully I'm not going to be with your ex husband anytime now." Eddy said as he laid down on Belle's bed.

"You're not?" Belle asked, surprised.

"No. I kinda get why you left him. He's kind and all, but he's superficial." Eddy said, placing his body near Belle's.

"I know right... I can't believe we were both in love with him." Belle said as she laughed.

"We deserve better..." Eddy said as he hugged his sister.

"That I agree on." Belle said with a yawn. Everything was quiet for a while until Belle asked Eddy a question.

"You're really not in love with Brett anymore? You're sure about the divorce?" She asked with concern.

Eddy was silent for a while, trying to think if he'll tell her sister the truth or not. He immediately decides on the former.

"I'm still in love with him, yeah. A small part of me is. But I just can't live that life of lies anymore, you know? I don't even know why I settled for a marriage without sex when I obviously crave it." Eddy said, hugging Belle tighter.

"Well, what did he say when you broke the news?" Belle asked again.

"I didn't give him the chance to respond. I just wanted that divorce." Eddy said quietly.

"For the second time, no offense, Eddy but you're a dumb ass... You didn't even give him the chance to explain. What if he still wants you back?" Belle asked, facing Eddy now.

"I doubt he will want me back anyway... Besides, he told me that I'm not what he wants. He wanted the o-"

"Eddy! Eddy!"

Eddy's response was cut off by Brett screaming his name outside. Wait, Brett was screaming his name outside? This late in the evening? Eddy immediately turned on the light and looked out the window.

"Sir, he was bothering you so I didn't let him in but he was persistent. I'll just call the cops." The guard of the building said.

"No! Don't call the cops on him, that's my husband!" Eddy exclaimed as he put on a jacket, about to go down.

Belle was curious so she peeked out of her window. Even mama Chen was eavesdropping at the lovers.

"See, I told you that he's my husband." Brett said as he waited for Eddy's arrival.

"Brett, what are you doing here? It's late and you're disturbing the neighbors." Eddy said with worry, wrapping his hands inside his jacket.

"Eddy, I know you might not want me back at this stage because you're already with Hyung-"

"I'm not with Hyung. Who told you that?" Eddy asked.

"Mama Chen." Brett replied.

Mama Chen closed her blinds as the couple look up at her. She was still listening to the two. Even Belle was pretty interested on what was happening.

"Before anything else, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry. I know you're tired of hearing it for over a million times those three months but please forgive me. I don't know what to do without you. I don't know what I will do without you. I know you may not want me now because there's other people that deserve you better than I do but I still love you.

I thought about it hard. I can't go on living without you. You're the best man that had ever graced my life. I'm not afraid to be intimate with you anymore. I want to make love to you and I'm not scared of losing our bond because whatever we do, it's still us. No physical thing can change our conversations and discussions and I will still love you.

God, if I could turn back the time, I'd make love to your sweet ass that night. I wouldn't let you go and I'll even ask you to come with me because we never had a proper honeymoon. I was a coward before and I'm not going to be one anymore... I love you, Eddy.

I don't care what you looked like from the start and I should've carried on with it up until now. I'm glad you changed for yourself. I'm glad you feel more comfortable with your skin. I love you alot.

I love you so much that you don't even know how much I've struggled without you. If I could marry you again, I would." Brett said, concluding his speech.

"We're still married, silly." Was the only response that Eddy was able to say before he kissed Brett.

The moment they kissed, Brett melted into the sensation. Eddy was weak and leaning for more support on Brett but he didn't mind. From a distance, they heard Tchaikovsky's Fantasy Overture for Romeo and Juliet. They pulled away and looked at each other with a confused look.

"It turns out that you really do hear Tchaikovsky's Fantasy Overture when you're kissing someone you're in love with." Brett said, referring to the first lecture that he had heard from Eddy.

"Shut up and kiss me to Tchaikovsky's music." Eddy said, resting his forehead against Brett's.

"Gladly, my hubby..." Brett said as he continued to kiss Eddy.

They stood there, just kissing each other until the sunrise was hitting their skin. Brett pulled away and looked up at Eddy. His skin was glowing underneath the rising sun and his eye color was golden. His hair was looking lighter and more majestic. He observed Eddy's cheek and they were blushing.

"Still not used to PDA, I see..." Brett teased as he kissed Eddy's cheek.

"Shut up... You're lucky I love you." Eddy threatened but there was no bite behind the threat.

"I love you too... Let's go home?" Brett asked as he grabbed Eddy's hand.

"Gladly, my hubby." Eddy said, copying Brett's statement from a while ago.

They entered Brett's car and Belle looked at both with delight. Finally, Eddy was with a man he deserves and the man deserved him too.

They were driving home and Eddy held Brett's hand, not letting go. He observed Brett in the morning sunlight and he was glad. He was happy about everything and he couldn't change it. Brett looked beautiful with the shadow and light hitting the right places. A little bit of morning sunshine makes everyone as beautiful as Greek gods or goddesses.

"Eddy, as much as I love holding your hand, I don't want us to crash and die early." Brett replied with a chuckle.

"I know... But I missed you, darling. You don't even know how much I was tempted to call you those times but I didn't because I was being stubborn." Eddy said.

"All's well. I'm back home and I couldn't ask for anything more." Brett said.

Eddy just stared at Brett and kissed his knuckles. Brett laughed at the tickling sensation. Eddy didn't say anything more. He was contented.

"Can we have sex now?" Eddy asked bluntly, not caring anymore.

At that, Brett laughed.