A realization of worth for both parties

To say Brett wasn't coping well was an understatement. He always looked messy, he had a short temper, he didn't care about anything else but he didn't want to admit it. Not to Jordon or to anyone else. He was perfectly fine, just going through a rough patch. He would get over it soon.

He was in class, still explaining utilitarianism to his students because they couldn't dig it to their heads.

"Mr. Yang, I just couldn't get it! It's too hard of a concept to grasp." The young lady said, getting frustrated.

"What's so hard about it, huh? My husband got this at our first date!" Brett screamed.

The class was awfully quiet until Brett decided to sit down and tried to calm down.

"Class dismissed." Brett concluded as the young lady was already in tears.

She hurriedly went out of the classroom alongside of the sea of students rushing to get out. Brett was so angry and he didn't know where this agitation of his started. He was normally patient and wouldn't lash out like that but it seemed that nothing was going right in his life.

Then his head drifts back to Eddy. He slammed his fists to his desk and rested his head on top of his arms. After a few moments, Jordon entered the classroom. A glass of water and painkillers in his hand. Jordon knew why Brett was like this but Brett keeps on dismissing the topic.

"Brett, come on, you have to stop this shit. It's affecting people around you too, you know... I'm getting worried about you." Jordon said as he handed Brett the painkillers.

Brett was rubbing his temples to soothe the headache.

"I'm fine. I'm not doing anything. I'm perfectly fine." Brett said as he downed the water and the pill.

"Brett, I've known you ever since we were fourteen. I know you're not okay." Jordon said, grabbing a chair and setting it in front of Brett. "You can talk to me. It will make you feel better." Jordon added.

Brett sighed and still ignored the anger building up his chest. Or was it sadness? At this stage, Brett doesn't know. He wouldn't burden Jordon with emotions he can't quite figure out.

- - - - -

Eddy students were looking at him with investigating eyes and sly smiles plastered on their faces. He has to stop in the middle of a lecture in order for them to calm down.

"Yes, I have changed my hair color and currently wearing tighter clothes but it cannot be the center of our discussion or the subject of our essays." Eddy said sarcastically and the students around him laughed loudly.

Eddy felt more confident and happier now. His students loved it too. After dismissing the class, he immediately went to Ray's department as they were to eat lunch together.

"I just don't understand how I did it before, you know?" Eddy said as he and Ray sat down on the chair.

"Yeah... I get it." Ray said with a bored expression.

"You okay? You seem out of it?" Eddy asked as he started to cut up his salad.

"I'm just not used to this new and improved Eddy, that all. It's like you're not who I've known before..." Ray started, voice laced with concern now.

"I know, but I love this version of me..." Eddy said as he started to load his fork with vegetables.

"Are you doing this to get back at Brett? I know you were rejected but you didn't have to take it into drastic measures..." Ray started.

"What? No! I'm doing this for myself, Ray... I  just thought you out of everyone would be the first to understand." Eddy said sadly as he ate his salad.