A three month long business trip without communication

"Hey, Eddy... I'm leaving to go to my first destination which is Switzerland. I'm really sorry for that night. I love you... I wanted to cancel but you're the one that told me to do this. I really wish that you're doing fine there. I'm already missing you and I'm just in the Brisbane airport." Brett recorded the voice mail for Eddy to hear.

Eddy wasn't responding to his calls so he just left a messages and voice mails. With a sigh, he boarded the plane. His violin case in hand and disappointment heavy in his heart. He only forgot one thing. His heart in Eddy's hands.

- - - -

Eddy listened to the voice mails of Brett continuously. His mother looked at him with sympathy. Eddy was still sad about it of course. But he can't bring himself to call back. He didn't want to cry and break down in front of Brett.

With a sad look on his face, he put his phone down and continued as if he had heard nothing.

- - - - -

"Hey, Eddy... I'm now in Helsinki. The home of Sibelius. Turns out snow is only fun for the first few days. It's almost Christmas and I'm not with you. It makes me too sad. I practice Sibelius' concerto because I miss you. I can't wait to get home to you. I love you, still. I'm really sorry about that night before I left. I know I don't deserve your forgiveness but I hope you could forgive me. I love you... I think I left my heart in Australia in your hands. I hope you still have it by the time I'm home.

You're my home, hubby. I miss you. I'll give you the biggest smooch the moment I see you. I'll give you the best performance of Sibelius and I'll even make love to you. I'm not afraid anymore. I love you Edward Chen."

Eddy listened to it as he sat alone in his bed. He constantly goes back to their house together to clean. Eddy is going on the right track. He was now taking care of himself. He was sad but it may be for the better.

- - - - -

"Hey, Eddy. I tried to call the university about reaching you but they told me that you took a summer break off too. I really wanted you to come with me so it will be our "honeymoon" of sorts. Guess I was wrong. I even tried with your mom but I just got scolded. I believe I deserve it. I just hope that you love me still. Even if I don't deserve it anymore.

I'm in London right now. I'll be in Paris by the day after tomorrow. I'm missing home. I'm missing you more than ever. I wish you had seen Helsinki with me, especially the Sibelius Academy. Anyway, I love you, hubby. I hope you're missing me too. But I doubt that you miss me too because of what happened. I love you... I know you're probably tired of hearing it but please forgive me. I hope your mother could forgive me too..."

Eddy had been used to hearing those words. He doesn't know what he feels about them now. Still, he listened.

- - - - -

"Hi, Eddy. I'm in Paris now. It's Christmas Eve and I'm alone. I miss you terribly. I probably deserve the loneliness I'm feeling now. I hope you're celebrating well with your mom and Belle. I love you so much that it hurts.

I don't mind, though. It's the good kind of pain. I love you so much. Please let me still be your home when I get back to you."

Eddy cried when he had heard the message. Still, he pushed them all away and went back to celebrate with Mama Chen, Belle and Hyung. He went to their house to clean. He was slowly getting things that was his, setting it back home to where it truly belonged.

- - - - -

"Hey, Eddy. I'm in Norway and there's this school for music. I love you a lot. Music sounds different without you. I can't wait to go home, just three weeks more. I can't wait to tell you what I've done and the conferences. Edward Chen, I'll never get tired of apologizing for the wrong I've done.

Please forgive me... Let's talk it over when I get back. I love you and I hope it's still me when I get home."

Eddy was still not answering. He couldn't delete the messages even if Belle and his mom told him that he should do so. He just let it be, he doesn't listen to them when he's with his family. When he's alone at night, he listens to them and his heart is slowly getting numb to these messages.

- - - - -

"Hey, Eddy. I'm in London now. It's rainy and I remembered that week we spent in Taiwan a few months ago. In the middle of out week there, the storm blew out the city lights. We lit up candles and you kept me warm under blankets and your body. It's one of the most secure moments I had with you... I'll be home soon. I know you probably won't be at the airport but I'll just tell you when I get home.

I love you, Eddy. I'm getting crazy without you. I know you're really tired of listening to this but please forgive me. I don't know what to do without you."

Eddy set his phone down, not listening to the message. He didn't want to know anymore. He was over it.

- - - - -

"Jordon?" Brett asked over the phone, hoping he didn't disturb the man.

"Yes, Brett?" Jordon asked with a yawn.

"I'm sorry if I interrupted your nap... I just want you to know that I'm back home." Brett said quietly.

He heard Jordon sat up from the other side of the line.

"You are?" Jordon asked. " You want me to pick you up?" He asked again.

"No, I'm alright. I was just nervous. Needed someone to talk to..." Brett said quietly.

"You're almost at your house, aren't you?" Jordon asked.

"Yeah... I'm just afraid of what might go down and all. I'm afraid of losing him." Brett said honestly.

"Both of you will be fine. I'm sure of it." Jordon reassured, lying back down on his bed silently.

"That's what I needed to hear. Thanks Jordon." Brett said, seemingly calmer now.

"You're welcome, Brett. I'll see you soon, bro..."

With that, the phone was hung up and Brett was outside of his and Eddy's home. Here goes nothing.