Epilogue

Our love happened to us all at once
We had no time to think
— — —
1 year later:

Gently, I hold my son in my arms as I twirl around the room, humming a lullaby Nonna Rayne used to sing to me as an infant.

Alexavior's bright blue-green eyes found mine and he laughed, as only a baby can laugh a sweet sound unblemished by the hurts of life.

Xavior was a good baby in the day. He rarely cried, which often worried me if I hadn't heard him for an extended amount of time, and almost always seemed to be smiling and giggling. Every through he looked more like his father there was no denying he had more of his mother's personality traits so far. Including my fear of the dark that I had when I was a child.

"guaio, are you ready to go? We're going to be late for the reservations" Vince calls from downstairs and I turn to face the door.

Maybe I could just come up with another excuse as I have the previous times. He wouldn't be annoyed with me. How could he be? I was just worried about leaving Xavior.

It had been 10 months since he had been born and neither of us had left him alone yet without the other one being there.

"Darling, he is going to be fine. Your mother and father are more than capable of looking after him. Don't worry" Vince says, scaring me senseless as I was so lost in thought I didn't hear him coming up the stairs.

"What about if he needs us?" I ask, twirling to face my husband. The skirt of my red midi- dress brushed his leg from the close proximity.

The dress wasn't anything new but actually putting on the dress is a step further than I had gotten any of other time.

"He won't need us and we will only be 45 minutes away" he reassures, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me into him, careful not to squish Xavior who was babbling.

I press my forehead against his and he sighs, "Xavior will be fine, I promise. You look gorgeous and we don't want to waste your time and effort now. It will only be for a few hours".

I debate telling him I hadn't spent much time on my look at all. I had found the first date night outfit (a midi-dress that showed my cleavage nicely and had a slit up the side which ended just above my mid-thigh) then brushed my hair and put on some red lipstick and mascara. Which, believe me, is a luxury itself.

"How can you be sure?".

"I can't be but your parents can look after him, that I can be sure of" he answers, running his hands down my arms and taking my free hand.

I take a deep breathe and look away from our son. He squeezes my hand and I hand him Xavior, who squeals when he sees his dad starts kicking his legs.

Bending down, I grab his overnight bag (which I probably packed to much in) as Vince makes his way to the car. I off all the plugs and lights in the room before following them.

Angelo and a few guards were inside so there was no point locking the door so I just slid straight into the passenger seat.

Vince straps in Xavior with ease before joining me in the front. He places his hand on my thigh as he starts the car and takes off down the drive.

Sometime on the drive, I close my eyes and fall into a deep sleep.
— — —

My dream ends abruptly, as I am jolted back to reality. I felt more rested then I had since Xavior was born and it worried me. Xavior was a fussy baby during the night and I never have slept through the entire night.

I peek around the room and take in the unfamiliar surrounds silently. Two doors. Both of them was closed but one was probably a bathroom. One of the walls was glass but there wasn't a way to open.

Throwing the covers back, I look down at my naked body and frown. Why was I naked? What happened?

A hear one of the doors unlock and grab onto a glass vase that was on the bed table. I widen my stance, bend my knees slightly and raise it above my head.

I let out what I hope is a threatening war cry and swing wildly with it. The person ducks and tackles me onto the bed.

Shit. My husband glares down at me and I smile sheepishly back at him. He holds my hands above my head and carefully prises the vase out of my grasp.

"Really, guaio? A vase? Also if I was actually a threat, I could have killed up minutes ago especially if I had a weapon. You've only had a few months off training and you've already forgotten everything" he scolds, still straddling my hips and holding my hands hostage.

"I'm sorry I panicked, okay? Now can you kindly release my hands?" I pout and he rolls his eyes but let's go of his hold on me.

"You're really lucky that you are fucking adorable" he grunts as I wrap my arms around him and pull his face down to mine.

"Not as adorable as you" I tease, knowing it will piss him off. I yelp when his hand comes down hard on my ass.

"I'm not adorable at all. Try hot, stunning, sexy, a sex god any above would do" he mutters cockily.

He rubs the spot he hit and I moan when he brings his hand down the second time. He groans at the sound and presses his lips against mine. The kiss was lustful and fuelled by need. We are still raging horndogs even after having Alexavior. I convinced myself that we wasted so much time at the start of our marriage that we are just compensating for it now.

"Could your ego get any bigger?" I giggle when we both pull away.

"Me? Having a big ego? Never" he chuckles. I just shake my head as he wraps his arms around me and collapses on my body. He rests his head on my tits and my hands come up to play with his hair.

"Of course you don't" I respond, rolling my eyes before adding, "I'm sorry that we missed our meal. I know you were looking forward to it"

"I was looking forward to spend some time with you in general. We both needed to catch up on sleep anyway. I preferred this anyway the restaurant isn't going anywhere. We can go any other time we can slip away".

"You're right about needing sleep. I never realised just how exhausted I was. I'm not having another child ever again" I declare and Vince just raises his eyebrows at me.

"We'll see about that" he hums so quiet I almost don't hear him.

"I love you but I am not having another child... not for a long long time".

"I love you to" he says, choosing to ignore the last part of the statement. I flick his forehead and he flicks my arm lazily.

It's crazy how comfortable he is around me now compared to the start. Somehow I managed to make one of the most notorious mafia leaders into a loving, cuddly teddy bear (only towards me and my son but that's better than nothing).

We have both changed so much for the better and worst. It was an emotional rollercoaster but I wouldn't change one second of it.