Chapter nineteen

Being a celebrity don't mean shit to me
Fuck the glitz and glamor
— — —
I yank my top off and slip my leggings off my long legs quickly. I had to be quick before Vincenzo decides to track me using his car GPS.

As a safety measure, I had abandoned his car outside the train station before walking to the mall.

Hopefully that will throw him off my tracks and he'll think I skipped town. I would pay to see his face when he finds out.

I pull on the black jeans on along with a v-neck, dark orange jumper. I tuck the jumper in before securing it with a Gucci belt. Thankfully the women had let me pay before putting on the clothes so I wouldn't have to mess around once I'm finished in here.

I straighten my necklace and check myself out in the mirror one more time before shoving my clothes in the handbag.

Smiling, I walk straight out of the shop and the first thing I see is one of his men snooping around Victoria secret.

Fuck.

He noticed I was gone way quicker then I thought he would have. I duck my head down and rush to the nearest exit.

I can hear Vincenzo's voice and I flinch at his angry tone. He is yelling down the phone at someone about finding me.

A women jumps in a taxi in front of me and I rush forward. I stop the door as she's about to close it and slide in.

"I'm so sorry but my boyfriend is looking for me. I can't go back home to him please help me" I lie, faking tears.

The women immediately wraps her arm around me and tries to soothe me, "it's okay, hun. My names Gianna, what's yours?".

I feel bad but I can't back out of it now, I fake stutter "Valentina. I really need to get to the hospital".

"Okay Valentina we can go there right now. Don't worry" she grins, she tells the driver to go to the hospital and he swerves away from the curb just as Vincenzo ends the call.

"I'm going to need to ask you a few questions and I need you to answer them honestly if I'm going to help" Gianna says calmly and I notice her badge.

Of course the women I lied to was a cop. That's just my luck! What am I meant to do now?

"Okay" I mutter, trying to think quick on my feet.

"Does your boyfriend..." she starts but I cut her off because I already know what's she going to ask me.

"No. He's just very protective and I just moved here so he doesn't want to me to walk around on my own I guess".

"Okay. Where did you use to live? And why do you need to go to the hospital?" She questions.

"I'm going to see if I can get a job there. I just got my medical degree and I used to live in New York with my family" I say.

"What's your boyfriends name?".

"Vincenzo Lombardo" I mutter reluctantly, I knew most people knew him around here. He practically ran the city and a lot of people fear him.

Gianna tries to hide the shock expression when I say his name but I see it.

She continues talking like it's nothing and I try to answer most of her questions with brief responses.

When we finally pull up in front of the hospital, she has talked my ear off from all her questions.

I thank her and pass the driver 50 euros for my trip and hers before rushing to the entrance. Taking a deep breathe, I push the door open and make my way to the front desk.

"Hey, I was wondering if you need any more nurses or assistant doctors? I've got all the paperwork I need to show you in my bag" I smile at the man behind the desk.

"Yes we do I need get one of the doctors to look at your paperwork. Can I get a name?" He asks, looking at my boobs.

Subconsciously I pull at the top of the jumper and he looks up at my face bashfully.

"My named Alexa Lombardo" I answer with fake confidence. His eyes snap to mine again when I say my name.

He gulps and shakes his head rapidly, "sorry we don't have any jobs".

"But you just said you did?" I frown.

"Yeah but I just checked and we don't" he rambles, I raise my eyebrows and give him one of my moms looks, "I'm not meant to tell you but your husband came in and told us not to hire you. I'm sorry Mrs. Please don't kill me".

I slam my hands down on the counter; making the man flinch as I curse. Turning on my heel, I storm back outside. I call over a taxi and jump in.

"The Lombardo mansion please" I mutter, slamming the door shut. She nods and pulls off.

Vincenzo is going to wish he had never fucked my job up for me. I'm going to murder him or better yet cut his balls off!

He has gone way to far this time.