Chapter ten

This superficial love thing got me going crazy
Baby if you want me
— — —
The wedding March starts playing and I take my first step onto the patio. Babbo and the others had pushed all the furniture to the sides and arranged 2 rows of chairs from whatever they could find.

It wasn't the luxurious wedding  that was originally planned. I could tell they had tried to make it work for me with the limited time they had.

I hold some red roses- that were the centre piece on the dining room table- tightly with both hands.

Babbo meets me by the doors and links his arm with mine before walking me down the makeshift isle.

My close family and few of the high ranking members were stood; each smiling and congratulating me as I passed them.

When we get to the front, I see a intimidating man sat in a wheelchair. He nods in acknowledgment at me before looking away.

That must be Vincenzo's father. I was meant to meet him tomorrow when we had a wedding rehearsal. It felt weird that I hadn't even spoken to him yet.

I move my gaze to the front and see Vincenzo. He is wearing an all black suite and is smirking at me.

I start sweating and I feel really hot all of a sudden. I thought I could do this but maybe I was wrong...

Babbo kisses me cheek before handing me off to Vincenzo. I feel tiny as Vincenzo looks down at me.

Dizziness takes over me and I'm trembling. My heart races inside my chest and I'm gasping for air. As the choking sensation becomes overwhelming.

I stumble backwards and the roses fall out of my hands. Turning on my heel, I take off in the direction of the pond.

My throat burns and I feel like I'm about to throw up everywhere. I fall to my knees and clutch the hem of my dress.

I can hear Babbo's voice calling me for me and I let out a silent sob. My whole body wracks and I curl into a ball on the ground.

Someone crouches in front of me and lets me cry for a moment before grabbing my chin. Vincenzo forces my watery eyes to met his and for a moment he lets his cold exterior drop.

"Alexandria stop playing games and come on. We need to get married now so we can go" Vincenzo growls lowly.

"I don't want to do this, I can't do this" I cry and he rolls his eyes. Suddenly, I'm being thrown over his shoulder.

I scream and curse as he carries me back up to where everyone is. I kick him in the stomach but he doesn't even seem fazed.

"She's fine now. She just needed a moment. Now hurry this up we have a plane to catch" Vincenzo snaps at the priest.

I can see Babbo and Nico share a look of concern but they don't say anything.

Vincenzo doesn't let my hand go the entire time the priest says his speech. I zone out and just stare blankly at the floor.

Vincenzo say his vows before squeezing my hand and bringing me out of my trance. I put his ring on it briskly, not caring if I hurt him.

"Alexandria Rayne Castillo, do you pledge to love, honour and obey Vincenzo Lombardo until death do you part?" The priest reads out and I glare at Vince.

"I do" I spit venomously as tears run down my face. Vincenzo pushes the silver ring onto my ring finger.

"You may kiss the bride" he states. Without any warning, he dips his head down and kisses me which I didn't expect.

As his lips touch mine it's like the whole world fell away and it's just the two of us.

The kiss is anything but soft and gentle. Vincenzo pulls me against his body as he devours my mouth. Even through I know this isn't real I kiss him back with the same intensity.

We both use the kiss as a way to get out all my frustration about this stupid marriage.

When we both pull away, I'm gasping for air and the crowds clapping.

"You have an hour to say goodbye to everyone whilst your maid is packing your stuff" he whispers before moving away from me.

I sigh and immediately run into my parents arms. Babbo holds me as I shake against his body whilst mamma rubs my back.

"I love you guys" I cry, soaking Babbo's hug. I move around my friends and family and hugging everyone goodbye. Ameena is tearing up when I get to her and Gio is trying to comfort her.

Wordlessly I holds my arms open in invitation and she flings into my embrace with a strangled sob.

Ameena buries her face into the crook of my neck and we stand there like that for a while; both clutching each other. We are both seeking each other's comfort.

I haven't even thought how Ameena was taking this. I was focused on myself, I didn't think about how my best friend could be struggling.

Me and Ameena were very different in many ways but that made our friendship stronger. I was the sensible and voice of reason whilst she was the confident fun one.

Neither of us had ever had many friends that were girls before so we were both surprised when we got along so well.

"I'm gonna miss your dumb ass so much. I'll try and visit you whenever I can! I don't care what the dickhead says" Ameena mutters which makes me hold her tighter.

"I'm scared" I admit and she pulls away. Gently, she tucks a piece of my hair that had fallen out behind my ear.

"You are so strong Alexa and you can always call me when you need to. No matter what time".

"I love you. I'll message when I can, okay?" I whisper as take a step back. I kiss Mamma, Nico and Babbo's cheek one last time before walking over to my husband.

He doesn't even look in my direction as he continues his conversation with his father. I stay silent by his side as I wait.

"Alexa go and get your stuff, I don't know what's taking so long. We will go and wait by the car and don't even think about trying anything funny" He demands and I roll my eyes at him.

"It hasn't been an hour yet and I have a lot of stuff".

He gives me a pointed look and I put on a fake smile pretending that I don't know I'm pissing him off.

I exaggerate blowing him a kiss before going to find my luggage.