Chapter thirty-five

-you dress to impress-
-no, Angel. I undress to impress-

— — —
It had been a week since we picked up the men and took them to the house and we finally ran out of food. Angelo and Jax had argued relentlessly on who went to get it but being trapped this house made me feel like I'm drowning. Especially when Vincenzo seemed to be everywhere.

I had made a habit of exiting every room that he entered. Jax had be adamant on me training again so I started spending most my time in the makeshift gym and training area. Even when I wasn't training and just doing something as simple as talking to Elisa (on a burner phone) I was in there.

Jax and Angelo had both currently disappeared  together. Over the week they had both become very close and were often in each other's company.

However, it was the perfect opportunity for me to steal the keys and escape. I know that all hell will break lose if I leave so I leave a note on the fridge for them to eventually find.

My feet crunch on the gravel as I rush towards the car. Only to be stopped by a large hand wrapping around my upper arm.

Panic takes over and I automatically spin around. My fist connects with the mans face and he stumbles a little bit.

When he looks up at me, I gasp as I realise it's Vince and his nose is now violently bleeding and his eyes watering. I curse and step forward to examine it.

Good news, my training is working. Bad news, I had just broken the Sicilian dons imperfect nose.

"I'm so sorry but I'm going to need to put it back into place" I explain and he just nods in an understanding way. I had learnt how to realign a nose in theory before but never had to do it.

My hands tremble as I reach up towards his face. He had shaved recently, I observe.

He most notice my trembling because he grabs my hands in his carefully. As if he is worried he is going to set me off again. His fingers draw soothing circles on my hand as he murmurs, "just do it, Guaio, you have to do this for me"

Taking a deep breathe, I snap the bone back into place. Vince curses loudly and I put my finger over his lip to shush him.

If Angelo or Jaxon heard him there was no way I was getting out of here.

When I'm satisfied that he is going to be quiet, I withdraw my finger slowly. He wipes away some of the blood from his face. His face and clothes were covered in blood. I gesture towards the car and he follows behind me.

He watches as I open the trunk and hand him some tissues. He dabs away the blood as I shut the trunk and climb into the drivers seat.

Vince stares as I start up the ignition before jumping into the passengers seat. I glare at him and the corner of his lip tugs up into a smirk.

"Get out!" I command and he just gestures towards the door. I look around and see Jax and Angelo running towards the car; no doubting hearing the engining purring and understood what one of us were doing.

I huff as I put my foot down and we shoot out of the property. Vince chuckles as the two men shout at us to stop.

I pull onto the main road and drive in silence to Walmart.

"Stay here and don't move" I demand, waving my finger in his face like he was a dog. He rolls his eyes and opens the car door anyway.

"I don't like being told what to do" he shrugs as I glare at him. Of course that hasn't changed at all.

"You can't go into the shop covered in blood. It will draw unneeded attention to us" I reason because it was bad enough he had left the house with me. I don't think I could cope with him following me into the shop too. Through I could hardly tell him that.

"It's fine".

"No it's not fine. We are meant to be discreet" I hiss, reaching into the back seat and handing him some of Nico's clothes. He takes them begrudgingly but climbs into the car again.

I watch, transfixed, as he pulls off the white shirt. His muscles had became more defined over the month I'd been away where I hadn't even known was possible.

"Like what you see?" Vince teases, leaning forward in the seat. The top of my ears flush and my face feels hot.

I jump out and shut the door before locking the car. He bangs on the window when he hears the lock. I smile sheepishly at him before striding into the shop.

A proud beam appears on my face as I get further away from the car. I squeeze through the large groups of people until I get to the small glass hut. I had actually got away with leaving the base.

I grab one of the red and grey trolleys and wheel it towards the freezers. I place a tub of brownie ice cream to say sorry to the men (because who doesn't like ice cream).

As I get to the chocolate isle, two arms cage me into the space between the trolley and their body.

I go to turn around, getting ready to hit and run but they anticipate my move and grab my arms. They twist me and push me against the shelves.

I close my eyes and try to think of how to get out of this one but my mind went blank.

"Now, now. You should know better then to try trick me" the person taunted, his hands squeeze my hips but not enough to hurt me.