Chapter fourteen

You don't own me
Don't try to change me in any way
You don't own me
— — —
One week later:

Vincenzo barges into my room and pulls the duvet off my body. I frown up at him from where I was lay messaging Joy.

Last week after we spoke to Joy I was dropped home whilst he went to the other deceased members family.

"Did you not hear me shout for you twice?! Some of my members are coming over for dinner in 2 hours so get out of bed and get dressed" he commands, throwing my duvet on the floor.

"I don't want to go, I'll just stay here and no will have to hear from me" I sigh as I shove the pillow over my face.

"No you will be introduced tonight as my wife now that everything is sorted out. Tonight you are going to meet everyone. However you will not be drinking like everyone else".

I roll my eyes and push myself off the bed. He slowly runs his gaze down my red, silky robe as I shoo him out of my room.

He gives me a arrogant smile before leaving me in peace. Leisurely I run myself a hot, bubble bath and sink into it.

The water splashes over my body soothingly and I smile. My hands moving over the bubbles as I shape them.

I continue messing around with the bubbles for a good while before I wash and condition my long hair and get out.

I dry my body after wrapping my hair in a towel before getting to work. If I'm going to meet his members I'm going to look amazing doing so. I put on my black thong and decided to go braless as the dress I'm thinking of going for is low cut.

Briskly, I apply my makeup like Jerome taught me when I was younger. I do a silver glitter wing after blending out my dark grey eyeshadow.

To finish off the look, I apply some lipgloss then move onto my outfit. Somehow most of my revealing clothes had been "lost" on the flight over here. So I prayed that he had somehow missed my favourite dress when de-slutting my wardrobe.

I run my hands over my clothes until I reach what I'm looking for. It's a silver, sequinned dress that was tight at the bottom and had a deep v-neckline.

Smiling, I carefully pull it on along with a diamond necklace that babbo brought me years ago.

I slick my hair back into a classy high ponytail before slipping on my black, knee high gladiator heels.

I check my appearance one last time prior to deciding not to wait for Vince and to head downstairs.

My feet carry me towards the noise of chatter and glasses. Of course he started the party without getting me.

Pushing open the door, I observe everyone. Their was a small group of women dancing in the middle of the room. One was staring at Vince as she twerked on her friend.

That one belongs to the streets... not that it matters because in a way Tia was like that. Whenever we went out to the club she would stare at Nico.

Vince looked handsome in a all black suit, he was talking quietly to some of his men and they were laughing at what he was saying.

They must really value their lives as nothing Vincenzo says is ever funny. That man doesn't have a funny bone in his entire body I swear.

He notices me and gestures me over subtly but I've already decided to talk to two women that were stood on their on in the corner instead.

They looked like my sort of people. They were giggling at each other and were both sipping champagne.

I strut over completely ignoring Vince's glare. If looks could kill I would be six feet under.

"Hi, I'm Alexa" I introduce myself, both of the women smile at me warmly.

"Hi I'm Samira but you can call me Mira" one of them smiles, "and this is my sister Yara. She's a mute".

"It's nice to meet you" I beam, shaking Mira's outstretched hand.

"So you're the new member that Boss said that we had. You must be very skilled to be accepted into top ranks so fast".

"Hmmm is that what he told everyone? I guess he won't mind if I go and speak to one of his men then" I muse out loud. He's going to regret not telling everyone who I really am.

"You seem like I trouble" Mira states, "I like it. I can tell we're going to be fast friends".

Yara shakes her head but a small smile plays on her lips as she drinks the rest of her champagne.

"You have no idea" I respond lightly as I grab a flute of champagne off the side. I down it in one which catches Vincenzo undivided attention.

Rule number one broken. Tonight's going to be fun I can already tell. Maybe if I push enough he will give up on the deal and divorce me.