Chapter Four: Have a Merry Christmas...

(Changed header image for this one too.)

"Y/N and I have already met. She stopped by Alola for something." Gladion replied coolly.

"So, Gladion, aren't you supposed to be looking for your father?" asked Ash.

"Mother, Lillie and I stopped by, for Christmas."

"Ahem." Goh cleared his throat. "Are you going to tell me what going on, or am I going to stay in the dark?"

Ash laughed.

"Sorry. Gladion, these are my friends, Y/N and Goh. You know Y/N, right?" he asked.

"Yes. You probably don't remember, Y/N, but I met you at the orphanage. I saw an Eevee there, and you helped me heal it. You did dread that orphanage quite a lot."

He chuckled, and Y/N smiled slightly.

"Anyways, since we're all here, want to celebrate Christmas with us?" asked Gladion.

"Well, er..." began Y/N, thinking.

"Come on, Y/N! Goh and I will come! You should join us!" urged Ash.

"I'll..I'll consider it." she said slowly.

"Good enough." Ash grinned. "We'll soon convince you!"

"I'll just tell Mother I'll be off with you for Christmas." Gladion ran off, to where the girl Y/N met earlier was standing, along with a woman who Y/N guessed was her and Gladion's mother.

Y/N checked her watch. How most certainly peculiar! It said that Zacian was here, right now, in Hammerlocke. It seemed to always be where she was, and yet it seemed to not be there. It wasn't exactly easy to hide a large Pokemon in a nearly empty area.

"Look." said Y/N abruptly. They looked to where she was pointing to, and gasped with amazement. The Christmas tree they had put up was amazing beyond belief. Faux snow fell draped from its branches, and glittering ornaments were sparkling throughout the tree. Tinsel was strung around it, and lights flashed upon the tree.

"Wow, Galarians sure like like to go big or go home." remarked Ash. Y/N turned bright red.

"Just be quiet, Ash." said Goh. "I'm trying to enjoy it. So is Y/N."

At that moment, Gladion returned, checking his phone for the forecast.

"It's going to snow today, in the afternoon." he implied, returning his phone to his satchel. "Do you have any plans already?"

"N-not yet." stammered Y/N. 

"In that case, I heard that there'll be a Christmas festival in Wedgehurst. It's supposed to be really extravagant. There are lots of shops there, for gifts and other things. You all seem to have forgotten to get gifts."

At this comment, Goh seemed a little taken aback.

"Why do you look so surprised?" asked Y/N.

"See, Goh's dream is to catch all the Pokemon in the world, including Mew, and he has a lot of Pokemon to gift presents to." explained Ash.

"You'll find something in the shops. I've seen it, and you won't have too much trouble finding gifts." answered Gladion.

"Really? That's great!" said Goh, beaming.

"One question, how are we going to get to Wedgehurst?" asked Ash.

"By train," answered Y/N, before Gladion could respond. "It's a common way of getting around in Galar."

"Say, aren't there lots of amazing Pokemon in Wedgehurst?" asked Goh cunningly.

"Er... I guess..." trailed Y/N.

Goh dashed to the nearest train station.

"He sure can run quickly when he's excited..." said Ash, sweatdropping.

"We should go too, you know. Trains do have schedules, and we will miss it if we're late-" Before Y/N could finish, Ash ran deftly to the billboard.

"I was late once, and it will not happen again!" he declared determinedly.

Y/N followed them, as did Gladion. As scheduled, a train stopped at where they were standing, and the four boarded the train.

"You said you had a little sister." said Y/N, once they all sat down in a compartment. "Her name's Lillie, the one you mentioned earlier, right?"

"Yeah. She's three years younger than me." he replied.

"I never knew Galar was so amazing!" interrupted Ash. "It looks so..."

"Festive?" asked Y/M, amused at the excited boy sitting across her.

"Yeah!"

Thirty minutes later, they arrived in Wedgehurst, where everyone was struggling to get their Christmas shopping done. The streets were a bustling, joyful place, with shopkeepers yelling discounts and fair prices.

The four of them split up into different stores. Their partner Pokemon were left near the Christmas tree of Wedgehurst, so their gifts could be kept secret.

When everyone had finished wrapping and tying their gifts, they set them under the tree. Y/N had given Goh plenty of new Pokeballs, Ash an encyclopaedia, seeing as he desperately needed one, and Gladion a series of books. 

She had been searching forever for a gift for her Pokemon, until she found a cave, with something inside. After stepping inside, she found some crystals, glowing a spectacular bioluminescent light. That moment, she found the perfect gift for her Pokemon.

That night, while gifts were being exchanged, Y/N felt a feeling of bliss, the feeling of Christmas spirit.

"Hey, Y/N?" asked Ash, tapping her shoulder. "I found this Mega Stone while I was wandering around, and I thought you might like it..." He handed her a neatly wrapped gift.

"It's a Alakazite. I saw that you had an Alakazam while you were using the machine you made, so I thought you might like it." he grinned. "Oh, and that encyclopaedia - thanks. I really needed it."

Y/N laughed.

"Ah, well." she smiled. "Merry Christmas, Ash."

"Merry Christmas, Y/N."