Chapter Eleven: Y/N's Memory

A H/C haired girl walks into the rather overwhelming architecture of the Aether Foundation, along with her parents, who went to Lusamine to talk about business. The girl stands silently, peering at them from the door. She was hidden by the shadows, and it was quite hard to distinguish her from the shadows. A rather reticent girl she was, and as her eyes pierced the darkness in quite an eerie way, she seemed like quite a hazard to approach.

A blonde haired girl looked at her from the windows, debating with her brother in muffled whispers.

"She seems nice! We should ask her to come with us." said the blonde.

Her brother groaned, trying to find a way to tell her the world wasn't so innocent as she thought. How could he? He was three years older, and was completely aware of who this girl could be, but he daren't tell her, in case her over-imaginative mind gets 'ideas'.

He walked  tentatively up to her, in case his sister embarrassed him before he and the girl herself met.

"Hi," he said awkwardly. "Er... My name's Gladion. Gladion Aether. My mother's the Aether President. You probably know that already."

The girl nodded matter-of-factly, looking extremely bored.

"Anyways, this is Lillie, my younger sister." he said sheepishly.

Lillie skipped across the white, highly-polished stairs, her hair dancing behind her.

"Hello!" she beamed, sounding much more natural than her brother. "Gladion's already told you I'm Lillie, right?"

She smiled widely. The girl nodded again, this time much more stiffly.

"Want to have a tour around here? We can't go into Mother's meeting room, obviously, but there are other places! Plenty more!" said the girl excitedly.

Without waiting for her brother's consent, she dashed up the marble stairs. Gladion cocked his head at her, before realising the girl had already followed Lillie. He sprinted after them.

"Lillie-" he began sternly, but she cut him off.

"This is my room! Look, this is my Clefairy doll that I use to play with Clefable! Clefable should be around here somewhere. Clefable! Clefable!"

She ran out of her room calling for Clefable, and after a few tense seconds, Gladion and the girl followed.

"Ah, here's Clefable! I did introduce it, right?"

Without waiting for an answer, she continued swiftly.

"Mother always lets me play with Clefable. It's my favourite out of all of Mother's Pokemon." Lillie said happily. She beamed at it.

"Now, there's always been a part of the Aether Foundation I've never been able to visit. It's the research laboratory, but I suppose it's alright. If Mother thinks my mind is too small to understand science, she's wrong! I've read plenty of books about it, I've done some basic experiments, I've..."

She droned on and on, now almost only talking to herself because Gladion's attention had left.

"...So anyways, Gladion, um..."

She looked at the girl.

"What is your name? I haven't yet asked."

"It's Y/N." she said coldly.

"Gladion, Y/N, let's go!"

She ran down into the laboratory, Gladion a few feet away from her. Y/N looked as if she wanted to leave, but then decided to go after them. She hadn't trusted them at all, as there was a difference between simply being shy and suspecting someone. Nevertheless, she followed them into the dark, murky depths of the science laboratory.

"Oh, look!" said Lillie brightly. "It's Faba!"

A man with oddly styled blond hair in a white suit appeared. His uniform had lime green and gold accents, and he was wearing some abnormally shaped glasses. He peered at Lillie.

"Ah, Miss Lillie! Master Gladion." he addressed Gladion briefly.

"That will do, Faba. Mother may not be here, but I am still heir to the Aether Foundation."

"You are?" said Y/N sceptically.

"Yes." he said coolly.

Y/N grimaced, raising her eyebrows at Faba. She trusted him even less than she did the Aether siblings.

A silvery blue portal opened, and a creature with tentacles came out. Lille screamed as it came towards her.

"No, Lillie!" yelled Gladion.

A Pokemon which looked as if it were artificially created leapt out and saved Lillie.

"Y/N! Do you know how to battle?" pleaded Gladion.

Y/N looked at the unconscious form of Lille, then at Gladion's desperate face and Faba's whimpering body.

"You can leave it to me." she grinned.