Chapter Twenty Three: Did You Really Think It'd Be That Easy?

(New banner style if you haven't noticed already!)

Goh nodded.

"I guess there's no escaping the battle." he sighed.

"Quite." agreed Y/N. "The sooner Rose goes down, the sooner we can restore Galar."

"I hope so." Sonia murmured.

The three of them set off for Rose Tower, although Y/N hung back.

"You two go ahead." she said firmly. "If we all appear at once, it'll be too suspicious."

"Right."

Y/N slid among the trees as to keep an eye on them. She had to make sure they didn't get out of her sight. Coming in too late or too early was not on her to do list.

She noticed them hoisting themselves upon their Ride Pokemon, and realised that she would have to follow them from the air too.

"Goh! Sonia!" she yelled.

Their heads turned and looked at her in surprise.

"I'll be in the clouds, okay? If you see anything, just notify me!" Y/N added.

"Right!" came the replies once more.

She mounted Articuno and took for the sky, keeping camouflaged in the snowy white depths of the clouds. Soon, they arrived at Rose Tower, which was heavily under surveillance.

"Great!" she muttered sarcastically. "I've been waiting my whole life just for someone to thwart my plans. Absolutely brilliant."

Truth be told, a small part of her felt an exhilaration that she hadn't felt in years. The excitement of a plan.

"Alright, they have deoxyribonucleic acid samples of pretty much everyone, and to enter, you have to place your finger onto a computer scanner. Got that?" she said briskly.

"Question?" asked Goh. "What's deoxy - whatnot?"

"It's the proper term for DNA." she replied impatiently. 

"Ohhh."

Y/N tried hard to not roll her eyes.

"We all understand?"

The others nodded.

 "Good. I've implemented a device that will fool the system into thinking that you are these two employees."

She showed two pictures. The one held out to Goh was of a short, red haired man who wore a permanent displeased expression on his face. The one close to Sonia was of a woman of considerable height, who reminded Y/N very strongly of Madame Maxime.

"Question?"

This time, it was Sonia who said it.

"What is it?" Y/N groaned.

"We look nothing like these people. For one, Goh isn't even an adult." Sonia said.

"And?"

"Well, it'd be hard for us to disguise as these people, wouldn't you agree?"

Y/N smiled cunningly.

"That is where you are wrong, good fellow. Read Harry Potter before?"

"Um... Kind of? I watched the movies." said Sonia uncertainly.

"Yeah, so did I. I've never read the books." added Goh.

Y/N clicked her tongue.

"Pathétique!" she chided. "The movies are so different from the books. The books are so much better. Anyway, I replicated the effects of Polyjuice Potion, and voilà!"

Y/N pulled out a mud-like concoction.

"Do you have their hair or anything? Because I'll tell you, I'm not going to eat a bit of that person." said Goh disgustedly. "Gross."

"Relax, it's only hair." Y/N replied.

"How did you even get those?" Sonia asked in surprise.

"I made an Invisibility Cloak and snuck in." she said absentmindedly. "It was easy to just get bits of their hair that got caught in the machine."

"Wait, what?" questioned Goh incredulously.

"Never mind."

Y/N dropped the hairs into their respective flasks. Sonia's one turned a dark shade of puce. She recoiled.

"No way am I drinking that." Sonia said.

Y/N sighed, and put the remaining strands into the last flask. It was horribly reminiscent of Goyle's Polyjuice Potion.

"That makes mine look so much better." muttered Sonia.

"Definitely no." Goh groaned.

"Sacrifices have to be made." stated Y/N.

The other two mimed retching, then shut their eyes. They squeezed their noses, and at last, tipped the potion completely down their throats.

Author's Note

For those of you who have not read or watch Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Polyjuice Potion is a potion that changes the user's appearance to match someone else's provided that there is a part of the person you wanted to replicate in there. 

E.g: In the story, the part of the people Sonia and Goh were replicating was hair, and it had to be in the potion before drinking. It is noted that the potion turns a different colour depending on whose deoxyribonucleic acid(DNA) is in there.