Twenty Six: Favour?

Who else is excited for the sequel of this book? (The banner is a lot brighter because of this).

"It feels like it's been forever since I've eaten." Ash mumbled through a bite of almond croissant.

"Normally, you'd have your breakfast later than this." Y/N pointed out, although she was laughing to. "Why the sudden hunger?"

"Y/N, we've just tried to prevent a psychopath from taking over Galar, I've had to pretend to be his errand boy or something, and now we've just came back from that with no time to rest. If you can seriously tell me that you're not tired, I don't know what will exhaust you."

"Well, I'm not tired." she replied.

The three of them had returned to the hotel that Ash had been in earlier. Leon decided to tag along for breakfast, and Sonia left to show her grandmother her research, which made them now a group of four. Because of the addition of Leon, who was part of the Masters Eight, they received a discount on their breakfast, much to Goh and Ash's happiness.

"And how come you're just eating at your normal pace? I mean, a lot's just happened, and we're stuffing our faces even though we didn't do as much work as you did." asked Goh.

"Oh, I deal with this kind of stuff all the time." said Y/N nonchalantly.

"Can you tell us one of those times? I'd like to hear one." said Leon, somewhat fascinated. "Although Rose is the guy who founded my success, I'll quit his deals, but I also want to find out what other misdeeds he's done."

"Sure, I'll tell you." Y/N replied. "As soon as I go and get a new butterknife."

She stood up from her table and walked off to the cutlery table.

"Hmm... Let's see." she said to herself.

Y/N picked up the first one she could find.

"Too blunt." she critiqued.

"Like you." came a voice from behind her.

She was so startled that she threw the butterknife at the boy behind her. He dodged, and it landed in the wall, permanently wedged there.

"Why are you even here?" she asked him.

The boy had platinum blonde hair and emerald green eyes, so like his younger sister. At first glance, they might have been mistaken for twins.

But Y/N knew better.

"Gladion, is it?" she asked him.

"Glad to see you've bothered to remember my name." he said, half scowling, half smiling. "Um, I wanted to ask a favour of you."

"I'm busy. My friends are over there, and we're trying to discuss what we'll do next." she answered.

"Please?" he asked.

For a boy who was three years older than her, legally an adult (as he was 18 years old), it was hard for Y/N not to laugh at the pathetic scene in front of her.

"You are absolutely, pathétique, you know that?" she laughed.

Although her expression was demeaning, her laugh was not jeering. It merely showed an expression of amusement at the boy's expense.

"Like I said, as blunt as that knife." Gladion pointed out.

"So what if I am? You wish you were as good at Pokemon battles as me." she retorted.

"You wish you were as good with humans as me." replied Gladion somewhat lamely.

"That's really rich coming from the boy who used to dress in black, ragged clothes." Y/N answered..

"But I'm better now! I'm wearing a formal suit, for goodness' sake!"

He began to fiddle with his fingers.

"But... About the favour... Could you meet me tonight, at midnight? Or is that too late?" he asked.

"Too early, more like." she muttered. "But alright. You'd better not waste my time."

"Thanks Y/N! You won't regret it!" he smiled as he went back to his table.

"Will I...?" she said silently.

What do you think the "favour" is? Please leave a comment below, and vote on the chapter! It would be really nice if you could!