Side Chapter One: After the Dance

"You're saying he kissed you?" asked Goh incredulously.

Y/N was sitting on a chair in Ash and Goh's room. She nodded.

"Ash'll go crazy." muttered Goh, out of Y/N's earshot.

"Yeah, so, the thing is, I do like Gladion. I just suddenly remembered our childhood, and when I started developing a crush on him. Though, I like Ash as well."

Goh's ears perked up. He had to tell Ash. It would at least stop his case of major heartbreak.

"Ash is really kind to his Pokemon. He's a great battler, and a great friend. Sure, he can be a bit intuitive at times, but he can be diplomatic at another!" she finished off, smiling.

Goh opened his mouth to say something, but at that moment, Ash burst through the door, his face impassive.

"Oh, that reminds me, I've got to get my Lapras for my machine." said Y/N. "Well, see you!"

She went out the door, her H/C hair dancing after her.

"Before you say what happened, I've got to tell you something." said Goh seriously. "Y/N likes you. She told me. So, yes, Gladion kissed Y/N, but she likes you and Gladion. You'll just have to appeal to her more than Gladion does. Alright?"

Ash stared.

"She-she likes me?" he said weakly.

"Yes, I said that." said Goh impatiently. "If you're going to do that, you'll have to try to hint you like her as well."

"How am I supposed to do that?" asked Ash.

"Depends." said Goh, a finger on his chin. "But you shouldn't worry about it too much. She likes you for who you are, okay, so just find your own way."

"How come you've suddenly become a love expert? Do you like someone?" questioned Ash.

Goh turned crimson.

"Tell me!" he said. "I told you mine was Y/N, so it's only fair you tell me as well."

"Fine." mumbled Goh. "It's Chloe."

"Oh..." said Ash, comprehension dawning upon him. "So that's why you've been going out of your way to help her."

"Shut up." said Goh, throwing a pillow at Ash whilst he dodged.