Chapter Eight: Kicking it From Here into Tomorrow!

"I have a secret. I haven't told Goh, or Professor Cerise, but I have a Zacian. You're from Galar, right? I thought you'd know all the mythologies and stuff." said Ash.

"That's-that's a lot to take in." stammered Y/N, both shocked and secretly looking comprehensive.

"Yeah, I know." he said nonchalantly. "Like I said, you know about mythologies. So, anyways, could you tell me about the gold lettering on Zacian's ball?"

He handed it to her.

"It's obviously faded with time." she said, squinting at the ball. "I can only read the words 'can', 'win', 'what' and 'desires'."

"Strange." said Ash. "Do you think it's part of a message or something? Do we need to find Zamazenta's ball?"

"No, I see no reason to do so. You'll have to find the prophecy."

"The prophecy?" Ash looked interested.

"Yes, the very basis of Galar itself. We can go see it the day after." replied Y/N, privately thinking Ash couldn't read and translate the runes on it.

"Thanks, you know. For helping me." He looked like he wanted to say something more, but at that moment, Goh burst into the door.

"Oh, hi Y/N!" said Goh. "What were you two talking about?"

"Ash's just asking me for battle tips." Y/N lied. "See you two in the morning!"

---------------------------------------------Next Morning----------------------------------------

Y/N was busy reading Harry Potter in her room when she heard loud cheers from Cerise Park.

"What are you two doing?" she said. "You sound like your voices are on fortissimo."

"We're teaching Scorbunny how to use Ember." said Goh. "Want to help us?"

'If I have to." muttered Y/N grudgingly. "I was getting to The Battle of Hogwarts before I was interrupted."

"You've that a million times!" said Ash incredulously. "You already know what's going to happen."

"Yes, but it's just really good." persisted Y/N. "That's like me watching you battle Leon: I know what's going to happen, and so do you. But I would still watch it because it's nice to see you struggle and be steamrollered by Charizard."

"Speaking of battling," said Ash eagerly. "Want to battle me? You seem more confident than the first time we met."

"Sure, why not." replied Y/N, much to Goh's surprise. "I'll go easy on you. If you're going to teach Scorbunny Ember, you should join the battle."

"But that's two against one!" said Goh. "That's not fair to you!"

"No, that's not fair to you. Might as well get Serena to make it three against one."

At that moment, Serena burst throught the gate.

"Hi Ash!" she beamed, ignoring the other two. "Sorry I wasn't there when you were ill." She smiled again.

"That's fine," said Ash. "Want to battle with Goh and I?"

"Of course!" she said. "Against who?"

"Me." said Y/N. "Your three Pokemon against Cinderace."

Cinderace certainly did not seem at all intimidated by Y/N's battle request.

"Come on!" said Ash excitedly.

"I'll let Articuno judge." said Y/N.

"Wait... You're Articuno looks different." Serena said.

"It's a Galarian form, foolish girl." said Y/N haughtily. "Just goes to show how little you know about Pokemon."

Serena went pink, and looked at Ash to see if he had noticed her lack of knowledge, but fortunately for her, he hadn't.

Articuno raised its wing, and brought it down signalling the start of the battle. Ash had already chosen Pikachu, Goh had chosen Scorbunny and Serena had chosen Sylveon.

"You three should have the first move." said Y/N, smiling malevolently.

"Pikachu, Thunderbolt!"

"Sylveon, Fairy Wind!"

"Scorbunny, Double Kick."

The three moves landed on Cinderace, who stood there, its trainer still not giving any command.

"Hey, it's not even damaged!" exclaimed Ash.

"Cinderace, High Jump Kick!"

It landed perfectly, knocking out three Pokemon at once.

"I trained for years." said Y/N. "I'm much more powerful than I look. Looks like your Sylveon can't battle. Looks aren't everything, eh?"

"You can lighten up, Y/N." said Ash.

Y/N glared at him.

--------------------------------------------------------Afternoon------------------------------------

(Goh stumbles on Team Rocket and they try to catch Pikachu)

Scorbunny looked fiercely at Team Rocket, whilst kicking a stone.

"Alright," he said, feeling inspired. "This is our Ember!"

 "This is our Ember!"

Team Rocket flnched, as the burning beam of fire dashed towards them. They got hit into the sky, yelling, "We're blasting off again!" once more.

It was at that moment Scorbunny began to glow a periwinkle blue.

"It-it's evolved!" said Goh, stunned and amazed.

He went over to congratulate Raboot, but  it shrugged him off.

What could be wrong?