What are you?

As I was finishing the floor plan for my next client my phone rang for a text message. It's from round-eye.

I got your text. Just load up. I can come with you but no dress for me.

She had finally decided not to wear a dress. She can be stubborn but I can be persistent. I decided to meet her at the usual time at the coffee shop. I think we got off from work the same time anyway. But again I did not bother to ask about that since I know I won't get an answer. As I reached the coffee shop, she was already there buried in the pages of her book. She did not even text me that she was already there. Good thing about her is that she really has a lot of patience to wait up for you. I decided to order the coffee before I reached her table.

"You didn't even text me. What if I didn't show up?" I said as I put down the cups and sat beside her.

"I don't mind. I don't think I would notice anyway." She explained as she waved her book at my face. Meaning she won't be bothered if I didn't show up as long as she has her books with her. I noticed she was wearing a vintage blouse with a lace collar. It's Monday and she's in dress up.

"Do you have other blouses like that? You could wear something like that at the party if you have a no dress policy for yourself?" I asked and she just nodded while sipping her cup of coffee.

"Are you really into books? If anyone can see us now, they won't think we're together as boyfriend and girlfriend?" I said getting annoyed again.

"In the geekiest way you could imagine. And if you could just be quiet I need to finish this. I have three books in line for me at home." She said smiling at me and was buried again on the pages of her books. I then snatched the book from her and she gave the angry look.

"I won't shut up and I need you to listen to me." I snapped as she moved closer to me and stared fixedly at me.

"Alright! Make it quick for I need to go home early" she said and I was feeling awkward as her face was so close to me.

"You're blushing! I didn't think I could make someone like you blushed!" she laughed and I knew I was. I felt warm all over suddenly as she held my hand which is just resting on the table. Oh, well. I was surprised by my next move as I pulled her closer to me and our faces were almost an inch away now. I smiled as it was her turn now to blush.

"Now, you're blushing!" I laughed as we both inched away from each other. She was more uneasy than me. She was looking the other way.

"Do you have time this Sunday? I will bring you home to meet my family." I said and she looked at me with her big round-eye. I burst out laughing because I didn't think her eyes can be that bigger. I stopped when I notice she have not respond to my question and I think I have offended her.

"What time then? I'll just meet you at a place closer to your home." She said as I was done laughing. I told her the time and the place and she just nodded her head in agreement. I noticed that she was putting back her book inside her bag now. She didn't even finish her coffee.

"Are you going? You haven't finished your coffee?" I asked as she stood up and grab her bag.

"I won't really finish that coffee. It's too sweet for me. I'll just see you Sunday." She said and turned her back at me. I was frozen at my seat. She just turned sarcastic at me. I was watching her walk away but before she could turn at a corner I ran after her. I didn't know what came to me but I felt the need to say sorry to her. I grabbed her arm and she seemed surprised that it was me. Her eyes seemed sad now.

"I'm sorry, ok." I said as she gave me a meager smile. I felt warm again as I saw her little smile and she held my hand that is still gripping her arm. She let go from my grip.

"You're sensitive. I like that. I'll just see you on Sunday." She gave me a full smile now as she crossed the street before I could even follow her. I was calling out to her but she didn't turn her back at me until she was finally lost among the busy crowd. I was just standing there and I felt confused.

I felt something different. It's like sadness or whatever. The feeling that engulfs me when I saw her ran away again and got lost in the crowd. I shook my head and decided to go home. I was itching to call round-eye but totally forgot about it as I received a call from Lily. She was just formally inviting me and she also mentioned Jody. I hang up the phone with a big smile on my face. I didn't know that Ken was in front of me already and snatched my phone from my hand.

"It's Lily!? But I thought you have a new girlfriend, Kuya?" he asked curiously. I twisted his arm playfully as I got back my phone.

"It's none of your business, sneaky head! Go to bed or I'll tell Mom you'd been sneaking around again!" I scolded him.