The Maddening

It's been 3 months and I am going mad. I missed Jody badly plus the fact that Ken and everyone were bugging me about her. I already told them we already broke up but they still can't stop making a fuss about it. My friends were also asking about her more than they had asked about Lily.

I found myself seated at a coffee shop just across the coffee shop where I usually meet Jody. This has been a usual habit. I felt like some detective following someone or more like a stalker. I wanted to see her badly but it seems like she can feel that I would be coming back to our usual place. She is really one lucky girl, for I am doing this to her. I am feeling so empty and so hollow inside now that I cannot see her. I was not seeing her for a long time.

My heart skips a beat as I saw a familiar face sitting on one of the table outside the street. She beamed at a guy approaching her. The guy even kissed her on her check. I felt something growling inside me as she hugged the guy. It should be me on that guy's place. It was infuriating as I just sat there watching them across the street. Instead of following Jody, I decided to follow the guy. I blocked his way as he crossed the street and I seemed to scare him as he glared at me.

"Why are you with Jody?" I glared back at him.

"Why? Who are you, anyway?!" he yelped and then he smiled.

"Why are you smiling?" I asked back.

"Oh, wait! I think I know you. You are that shaved head. You're watching Jody and me all along? Are you stalking her?"

"I am not! I was just about to ask you some information about her. Are you dating her?"

"I am not. She is a dear friend." He answered and before I know it I was relating to him our story. I was so overwhelmed by the facts he gave me about Jody. He seemed to be so proud and happy being Jody's friend.

"I am only telling you this because I felt you're genuine. I don't think she isn't someone special for you when you've been so keen about her like this." He was smiling as he stood up from our table.

We've been talking for hours already at the coffee shop. We bid each other goodbye and I went home light-hearted. I feel so positive.

I reached home feeling elated and I was even ignoring Ken as he followed me to my room. As I sat on my bed he was just standing there at my room's door. He looked very sad. Really sad.

"What now?" I asked and to my surprise Ken burst into tears and ran up to me.

"I was so happy when Jody called but she just called to tell me that I can't call her anymore. We can't talk just like before. And she said that whatever she did tell me about love and anything I would eventually forget about it..."

Ken sobbed and I pulled his on my side and smoothed his back.

"She doesn't think that I believe everything she had told me. She said no one really listens to nice and boring people like her. She even apologized about the stuff she told me." Ken cried and looked up to me. I wiped his tears dry.

"Do you believe her?" I asked and Ken nodded his head firmly.

There she goes again. Telling some things she cannot be firm about it. Just like telling me she loves me but she still left me.

"I am going to win her back, Ken. She is telling those things to you because of what happened between us. I wasn't there to believe and fight for her. She was just so sad because of me." I explained to Ken and he quickly wiped his tears dry and break lose from me. He stood in front of me and was looking at me intently.

"Jody loves you. I can see and feel that, Kuya." he said as he patted me on both my shoulders. He then turned his back on me and left me alone in my room.

As I heard the slamming of the door, I lie on my bed and stared at the ceiling. I grabbed my cell phone and sent Jody a text.

I will find you. I'm having you back next to me for good.

I texted her and I know I won't expect any reply from her. I guess that's what I have learned to love about her. She keeps me hanging and clinging to her. She was able to get me to pursue her and I know my heart hungers for her. I cannot imagine any girl I want to be with next to me this time; only her. I only want Jody. I know this time I love her. I know I can even love her more that she can love me.