Epilogue

I woke up in a hotel room without anything on me. I looked around only to see my scattered clothes on the floor and the messy bedsheet of the bed.

"Fuck." I cursed. I brushed my palm on my face and heaved a deep sigh.

I just got back here in the Philippines from abroad and of course, my friends invited me to party and so I joined them.

I promised myself that I will never touch anyone again, but fuck, I just did.

Tinapos ko lang ang pag-aaral ko sa abroad and came back here in the Philippines so my father could turn his position to me.

I will be the new CEO of Peterson Enterprises, and that's the reason why I studied at the abroad.

Everything felt like yesterday. Now, the company has been more successful and my parents are proud me. Ever since naman ay proud na sila sa akin.

From the past years, I could say I have done a lot. I have made my parents proud, I made our company bigger and met someone in life.

"Lauraine." I called her name.

"Wait, gusto ko ito. Can you buy this for me?" Hindi niya ako pinansin, instead, she kept on looking at the bag na gusto niya.

"Lauraine, I have to go." I said, but of course, no signs of her listening to me.

"Excuse me, miss. I'll jave this one. Gusto ko yung bagong stock." She commanded to the sales lady na kanina pang nakasunod sa kanya habang pumipili ng bag.

"Yes, ma'am." Magalang naman na sagot ng sales lady at umalis na.

"I have to go." I said as soon as the sales lady left to get the new stock of bag that Lauraine wants.

"Huh? Pero hindi mo pa nababayaran yung bag?!" Lauraine slightly raised her voice at me. Sa ilang taon naming pagkakaroon ng relasyon, I would say, sanay na ko sa ganitong ugali niya. Nakakairita, but I have to deal with it.

"Just send me the bill and I'll transfer it to your bank account." I said with finality.

"What about those? Sinong magbibitbit?" She asked again, pointing at the paper bags na iba pa niyang pinamili kanina.

I heaved a deep sigh.

"I'll just ask one of my bodyguard to assist you. This is urgent. I will go now." I said before kissing her on her cheeks and left immediately.

Pinatunog ko ka kaagad ang sasakyan ko when I reached the parking lot at habang nasa byahe ay ginawa ko ang sinabi ko kay Lauraine kanina.

My parents and I will be having a lunch together since they just came back here in the Philippines. I'll fetch them in the airport at dederetso sa restaurant na gusto nila.

"How was your flight, mom, dad?" I asked them when I finally got them in the airport.

"It was fine, nak. I want to eat seafoods now. Tara doon sa kinakainan namin ng Daddy mo, nak" Mother replied.

Of course, as a good son, dinala ko sila doon.

While we're eating, Dad just asked me about business, of course, hindi mawawala 'yon. He also asked me about some updates sa Peterson Enterprises.

On the other hand, my Mom asked me about how was my life. And as usual, sinagot ko lang siya na "I'm fine."

"Your girlfriend?" Her voice kinda sound bitter when she asked about my girlfriend. She doesn't like her ever since.

"She's doing good. Iniwan ko siya kanina sa mall." I replied to my mom.

"Hindi ba mauubos ang pera mo sa babaeng 'yon, anak?"