Chapter Eight

"We have to go to the left, down the Navarath Path!" you yelled to Armitage for the tenth time.

Trying to navigate this foreign planet with these two imbeciles was the absolute bane of your existence. Armitage would not listen to a single thing you were saying, even though you knew from your projection map that you were right and you had to go down Navarath.

"No, he's right. That path will lead us nowhere, I'm not following you," Kylo said to you in an eerily calm tone, agreeing with Armitage. His normal anger was a shadow, subdued underneath emotionless monotone replies.

It was so strange. It's like he felt nothing. The most peculiar from a man such as himself who harnesses power and pain to his advantage and could never be broken. He was usually a pooling pit of rage and now just nothing?

You couldn't worry about his change in demeanor.

He needs to choose a side damn it! My side!

"Well why don't the two of you idiots go right then, and I'll go left. We'll see who ends up there first!" you huffed. You turned on your heel and started down Navarath.

Your ship had landed at the top of the planet's mountain range. Which meant you were all winding down a mountain side that was steep and had extremely rocky terrain. The path they were choosing was safer than yours but would definitely steer them in the wrong direction. Li'an would of course not be in a safe place! She would be in the most remote and untraceable place on this planet.

'One that I had already mapped out to be down this path.'

But no how could you possibly be right? It's not like you studied this all night and went through 34 combinations of the most remote coordinates on this planet — which was not easy. You had calculated it out perfectly and yet they would not even bother.

Night time would soon fall on this planet as well, which means you had to cover as much ground as possible with the remaining daylight. You had the projection map but it would only provide you so much direction. You would have to find the exact point yourself.

And you were doing it alone.

Your brother abandoning you was no surprise but Kylo blindly agreeing with Armitage was frustrating. You could only hope once he realized how stupid Armitage was that he would see he made a mistake.

'Okay, I can do this.'

You tip toed down the rust colored rocks, watching every foot placement to make sure you didn't slip. Every time you looked down, you saw just how steep this mountain side was and how careful you had to be.

—————————————————————————

You were hours in and making good steady progress, nearly all the way down to the bottom when you heard crashing rocks coming from above.

The unforgettable sound of a body hurling and crashing through rocks was horrifying. The sound echoed and ricocheted off of the falling rocks as they came inevitably crashing towards you.

You slid down the rest of the mountain and rolled down the side to flat land. You crossed your arms around your head to shield yourself from the avalanche happening.

As the dust settled and the last rocks fell, it was only then that you saw the lifeless body who had fallen victim to the danger of this side of the mountain.

Kylo.

It was gut-wrenching. He laid weak at the other side of the mountain, still as a statue, frozen in one singular position. He must've lost his footing and fallen down the rest of the way, sending the avalanche down as well. You cursed to yourself and dashed over to his silent body as you watched his eyelids fight to stay open, battling consciousness.

You were spellbound by this brooding, violent man who now laid frail and broken. You dropped down to your knees and his eyes trailed you silently. His obsidian waves cascaded down his scratched face and rested in the blood pooling below.

"Hey Kylo, come on stay awake," you begged him, tentatively shaking his seemingly broken shoulder. You picked your hands up and realized they were now soaked in his blood as well. Sniffling back tears, you took a deep breath and felt for his pulse. It was barely there but he was still hanging on.

"Kylo stay awake! Damn it, you cannot die on me!" you yelled and started trying to do compressions, sending back horrendous memories of trying to save your father after Armitage murdered him.

You turned his wrist over and felt his pulse drop slightly and you were absolutely panicking.

Of all the things that would kill this man, the irony of it being fucking rocks was almost amusing. This fucker had killed so many people, he deserved to die so dishonorably.

But that nagging at the back of your head would not let you stop from saving him.

'I can't have someone die in front of me again, I refuse.'

You had only spent one full day with him, and you knew you owed him nothing. He'd never treated you like you were worth anything. But you equally knew you could not live with yourself if you let him die.

Your mind was swirling with what to do next, how you could possibly help keep him alive. You had no fucking idea what you were doing and you were just astounded that Kylo had not managed to catch himself better. This was not normal at all. He used to be a Jedi! And he lost his footing on rocks and couldn't catch himself?

'Fuck it. I'm going to do mouth to mouth.'

His pulse couldn't return to normal without your help, you had to just suck it up and do it.

It's just like kissing him right? Although that's a disturbing thought.

You leaned down and lightly wrapped your hand around his neck to steady yourself. His eyelids fluttered gently and his breathing began to shallow, even more of a sign that you had to interfere—there was no longer another choice.

Your lips met his and attempted to breathe life into him but were unsuccessful. You were overrun with emotions as you felt the world stopping completely with each breath. Time was suspended as you once again breathed into him and resumed compressions, desperate for some type of response.

"For fucks sake Kylo, please!" you cried, as you tried one final time to give him compressions.

The open wound across his side was still bleeding profusely and your hands were now absolutely coated in it. It was a myriad of crimson and copper dust surrounding you, mocking your pleas as he continued to bleed out. You were hopeless now, cursing to yourself as to how you let yourself fail.

Until you heard a cough sputter out of his cold, pale lips.

You had never heard a more miraculous sound.

The wind engulfed the noise and reverberated it, filling the canyon with beauty and splendor. The galaxy mirrored this miracle, and painted the sky with orange and yellow in a splash of sunset across the horizon.

"Oh thank the maker!" you cried, your hands splayed across his large face as he slowly regained consciousness. You felt down to his neck and could tell he was gaining back a normal pulse. He sputtered out more coughs before taking a good breath. Through your tears, you saw those dark angel eyes thanking you silently.

"Well I suppose my help is now rendered unnecessary," a voice boomed as they approached you at ground level.

A thick brown robe with a menacing hood covered their face and trailed behind them as they stepped towards you.

"No, please we do need help. He is bleeding so much, I don't know what to do!" you pleaded to the covered figure.

The hood was removed in one swift motion as a beautiful women appeared underneath. Caramel skin and jet black shoulder length hair accompanied her blue-green eyes. You had never seen a woman quite like her in your entire life. She was stunning.

"Ben called to me and it's my duty to answer. So your request is accepted," she replied callously, finally making eye contact with you. "Now come along."

With one flick of her fingers, Kylo was suspended in the air trailing behind her and you were summoned to follow her as well.

Whatever she was, whoever she was, you were just grateful you had found help.