Chapter Fifteen

"So the recruits in this hall are brand new, some of them are as young as fifteen! Brilliant isn't it?" Phasma noted, passing by the stormtroopers in Hall A.

You did not think that was brilliant in the slightest. It was more heartbreaking than anything, especially knowing that they had no love or affection in their lives. And now they're being thrown in to this hell hole.

"Sure," you responded curtly to her, as she lead you to the next hallway, B. This one was larger, with many different rooms extending off the main pathway. The doors slid open and revealed young men in one room with their helmets off. It was shocking to see their baby faces, you had no doubt that these recruits would not be able to handle the tasks given to them by their leaders.

'What fifteen year old kid is capable of that?'

You could hardly stand to look at it for more than a few seconds. It was so devastating to you.

"That one I assigned to protect you was trained on base, he's the best from his unit," she said referencing Eli.

"Yes, I've grown quite fond of him. He's a wonderful trooper."

"Indeed. Shame most of his unit is dead now. Eh, oh well they weren't that good anyway."

Your eyes widened at the insouciant way she talked about these people, as if they were worth absolutely nothing. You stifled your want to disagree and favored to leave the conversation be instead.

You finally stopped at a room across the bridge that was strictly for use by captains and others of higher rankings. It was quiet compared to the constant noise in the rest of the training center and very quaint.

Chairs and tables, a couch even for your use and relaxation scattered the room with stark white florescent lights illuminating everything.

"Okay, he should be here in a few minutes if you want to sit down," Phasma said, swiping insistently on her data pad.

"I'm sorry? Who will be here?"

"Oh didn't you know? Ren is coming too, you're both required to be here today."

Your face instantly heated up, your cheeks becoming flushed. You hadn't seen him since you left Snoke, before you realized how much you had feelings for him. You found yourself incredibly nervous to see him again.

"Oh, no I didn't know but that's fine. Why are we here anyway?" you tried to say as calmly as possible. You tried to casually fix your hair and smooth out your uniform. Hiding the fact that you wanted to look nice for him and was worried he would act like you were invisible as usual when you two were around other people.

"Well you would've known if you wouldn't have canceled on me last time," Phasma said sarcastically. "I have to meet your approval that I'm training well. You're required to pick recruits today for your next mission."

Dumbfounded that you were required to judge Phasma's skills, you felt even more out of place. Your only time spent with stormtroopers were on the battlefield or when you were with your friends. You were in no place to judge how well they were trained or really to share your opinion at all. Let alone pick them for a mission.

"Did I miss something? What mission?" you asked innocently.

"Are you a bloody halfwit?" she joked. "Snoke sent out the transmission the other day to our data pads. You know, when you were supposed to be here?"

'You mean the one that I haven't touched in days because I've been wanting to die? Ah, wonderful.'

"I'm sorry! I've been out of it the past few days. And I didn't bring my data pad today either. I know, I'm an idiot alright," you sighed, knowing that she was fed up with your lack of skills and knowledge for the position you were in.