Chapter Twenty-One

"Excuse me?" you exclaimed.

You were in pure shock at what he just said, questioning how any of it made any kind of sense. You were once again overthinking if you had done anything wrong to get you demoted, but in fact you had been making strides in your new position.

You were even getting along with the knights now for crying out loud!

It was obvious that this was his revenge. And that made you absolutely furious that he was making these claims out of his own anger, trying to make you pay for choosing Ren. And to make matters worse, all of the officers, captains, and generals had to listen to the lies he was spewing.

Before you knew it, Kylo had stormed out of his seat and was marching over to Pryde as a dead silence consumed the room.

"What the fuck did you just say?" Kylo asked rhetorically as Pryde was forced to look up at his large stature.

"I said your bitch is demoted," the filthy old man seethed.

Everything happened in slow motion. Kylo reaching for his lightsaber, the shrieking of the fiery saber igniting and slashing through his flesh.

It was a clean cut.

Pryde's head was sliced straight off his body in a matter of seconds. A thud was heard as the head hit the ground and his body soon after. Your brain could not fathom that the man who you had been under control of for so many months was now gone.

Just like that, he ceased to exist.

All of your colleagues were quiet. Some were unphased and didn't look twice at the head that rolled on the ground. Others were in shock and had to do their best to contain their horror to the murder that just happened.

Especially when Snoke's projection appeared suddenly at the middle of the table.

"Just as I suspected. A rat scurrying about trying to make problems. How pathetic," Snoke said referring to Pryde. A few gasps were heard from those around us at his arrival.

"I don't appreciate liars. Do you Ren?"

"No sir."

"Ah, of course not," he chuckled. "We don't have any believers in that weasel's nonsense do we?" he asked the table, trying to gauge their loyalty. They all shook their heads no aggressively.

"Wonderful," he said gleefully, before his eyes turned to you. After a beat Snoke's eyes left you and spoke to the room, "Miss Hux is now your master, as is Ren. Understood?"

The room again echoed a series of "yes sir's" and nods. You cast your eyes downward, feeling uncomfortable with so many stares. Snoke was pleased with making your new standing heard but not yet finished with his rules.

"Let's take that ridiculous title off, shall we?" he said smirking. You knew he was referring to your given name of Hux.

Fuck.

"Miss Ren. Mistress Ren. Empress Ren," he said considering every variation. "All the same to me for my new duo. You choose a title my dear and I expect the room to uphold it, yes?"

You nodded your head and bit your tongue to try and force yourself not to scream.

"Very well. So glad to see all my children working together now."

And with that he disconnected and the room was eerily quiet. You raised your head and the fifty or so people were still looking at you with wide eyes. They shifted between you and Kylo and it was so clear that they were trying to figure out when in the hell the two of you became so close.