Chapter Twenty-Five

Your stomach was in knots the whole way back to the Finalizer. Your lip was sore from all the nervous biting and tugging you had done over the past few hours.

Kylo was an improved man. There was no doubt about it, but the blinding rage he experienced was still nestled deep within. In some regard you wondered if you begged enough, if he would let Ushar go.

But with your history of unwanted male encounters, there was also a growing part of you that wanted him to suffer. That wanted Kylo to strip him of his dignity and ruin the man for all eternity. And that scared you more than anything. Your slow move to the dark side had affected you more than you realized.

Crossing your legs, you tried to breathe in some calm breaths before you guys landed. Looking over at Vicrul, his eyes were locked on the galaxy ahead of him but truthfully his mind was elsewhere.

"You know I wouldn't let Kylo hurt you."

He had been buried in thought for quite some time, undoubtedly counting all the ways Kylo might make him pay for his involvement in the situation.

Vicrul was special however.

Of all the knights, there was something about him that made you feel safe. It was comforting knowing he held you in the highest regard and only wanted the best for you. It was like you knew he wouldn't hurt you and despite your love for Kylo, you couldn't say that same for him.

He was a friend, a dear one. And because of that, you knew you'd do everything you could to protect Vicrul.

'Kylo will understand, won't he?'

"You haven't seen him at his worst. Ren is different with you, but with us he's-" he stopped mid sentence and closed his eyes, thinking about the past.

"He's an untamed animal. A savage. It doesn't matter who, or what, he doesn't think twice about killing. I will be punished for this."

"Stop it. No you're not, you had nothing to do with it."

"I should've killed Ushar, I never should've left you alone with him. I knew what the sick fuck thought about you and goddamn it, I didn't do anything!" he yelled, growing angrier.

"I won't let you blame yourself for this. Look I could've done more, I should've told him to fuck off from the beginning. But I-I froze," you said frustrated. With every time you worked through the memory, you got more upset with yourself that you let Ushar talk to you like that. Touch you in any way knowing Kylo's temper.

If Kylo killed him as intended, you would feel partly responsible for it. And the morality of the situation was causing a massive fucking headache for you.

"I'm not fighting with you about this anymore, and neither will Ren," Vicrul said sternly, as you landed where the Finalizer was stationed.

You dropped the conversation and grabbed your things out of the pod. Walking out, the familiar smell and cold air hit your skin back onboard the Finalizer. So many memories were held in this ship, you had spent too long away. Vicrul pulled his mask down and gripped your wrist as he walked arm and arm with you to go find Kylo.

It was a growing tension as you both awaited the torment you were sure would come after the news broke to him. And no matter how he reacted, you still had to perform perfectly at your next mission with him.

How fun.

"Phasma, where's Ren?" Vicrul asked as you passed by her. There was two lines of stormtroopers in tow and one caught the corner of your eye. They had moved out of the line just slightly to look at you. He cocked his head a little and gave a slight nod before moving back into line.