Chapter Nine

TRIGGER WARNING: Talk and detail of abuse.

"Now would you like to tell me what you two were doing coming down that mountain side?" the woman asked as she began to help Kylo.

"I can't really-" you began, trying to keep the details of this under wraps.

'Forget it.'

"We were sent on a mission here and I knew that the person we needed to find would have only been down Navarath path across the side of the mountain."

You were sat in her small stone hut with a blanket wrapped around you as night time had fully encased the small clearing. Her beauty was only amplified with the light from the small fire beside her.

"I see. Will you tell me who you were looking for?" she questioned as she begins to heal Kylo's wounds.

"A woman named Li'an Qudota. She's supposed to have information we need," you sighed as you realize you were absolutely not supposed to be telling her any of this. But she had invited you into her home and was being unusually kind to you. No one had to help Kylo, especially with who he was. But she was willing to.

"Well," she said removing her hands from his now disappeared wound. "That would be me."

Awestruck at how she had managed to completely heal his wound, without a trace of it left behind, you registered what she said.

"What? No, I mean she's supposed to be-"

"A Jedi?" she laughed. "Yes I am. And because of that I'm supposed to stay hidden. Which I am now realizing I did a poor job of if the First Order found me," she said under her breath.

"You know we're First Order? But you called Kylo by a different name, I don't understand."

"Yes, I called him by his real name," she replied, bandaging the gash across his face she didn't have the power to heal. It had drained her almost completely to heal his side.

Kylo was mostly awake at this point, just too weak to move. This conversation wasn't hidden from him, he was choosing not to join in on it.

"So Ben, would you like to explain to her how I know you?" Li'an asked him condescendingly. He gulped nervously but was aware she would tell you anyways.

"Well I'll tell you then. We grew up together at the Jedi temple, Luke trained us both. Believe it or not we were actually friends," she explained, finishing the bandages on him.

"And then he turned on us all and burned it to the ground. I luckily escaped with my friend Grogu and a few other Jedi but the rest of them, well you know," she sighed solemnly and took you outside to finish the rest of her story. It was a calming night sky and she was seemingly getting upset by retelling this story.

"The remaining Jedi had to disperse, I can't tell you where the rest of them are because I have no idea. But somehow, when this idiot called out to the force today, I found it in me to come save him."

"Thank you for coming, I was desperate. I'm sorry about what happened to you, truly I am. I could never condone his actions regarding that," you apologized profusely to her.

"And that's what makes you special. I've seen my share of First Order and those alike. You're not like them," she said genuinely. You passed her a small smile and tried to hide how nervous you were.

"Don't be nervous, I'm not going to hurt you. I would like to figure you out though."

"Well I don't think I'll be much help there, I think I'm pretty normal," you laughed awkwardly.